• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

makes people move their asses out of my way, fast for that matter too

here's a question

why not?

is that that repulsive?

people do full smoke outs on lights all the time

just preference of the person who owns their rig

and only if your an idiot and cake the stuff on so you can't see through the lens still then it will limit the function of the headlights,

if you just dust a coat on it doesnt affect them one bit what so ever

Tinting affects just as much as paint.

And I slow down when I see ricers behind me with this, not to allow them to pass, but to frustrate them. Preference or not, it makes you easy to spot as a certain type of person...one not associated with being stand up.

It also increases your chances of being profiled by the police as an unsavory type. Bad enough to see people driving down the road with mud caked on their trucks, especially in areas where there are zero known legal offroad spots. This just increases the negative. Judgements.

Get out of the way? Hardly. That is right up there with truck nuts for showing someone is trying compensate for, ummm, shortcomings. The is the front version of a fart can on a ricer or a "stack" in a truck bed. Just go ahead and get some of those eyelash things to complete the look

Jesus christ you guys are some judgemental a**holes  :roll: . I like to piss off ricers as much as the next guy, but come on, i think a dude with some angry eyes on his jeep is a little low on the totem pole of "hate-able" jeep mods. Things like low profile tires or 22in rims, now thats grounds for some serious hate.

P.S. I kinda like angry eyes.

I'm indifferent to the angry eyes things.  Certainly not a big enough "mod" to consider completely horrendous like some stuff I've seen on Jeeps and other trucks.  It could be worse.... See below:

Jeep%20Testarossa%20frt.jpg

Jeep%20Testarossa%20R.jpg

38007260678_large.jpg

Jeep+Wrangler_11313312926.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

815186d1364579290-ghetto-fab-hack-jobs-i

I think you get the point...  Don't ask me what my search criteria was that I used to find some of these images...  I don't want to get labeled. ;) :teehee:

I'd push my MJ off a cliff before I did that to my headlights, but there are a lot of mods people routinely make to Jeeps that in my opinion deserve far more hate, although I'm usually not the kind of person to call people out on the (subjective) looks of their vehicle. It's their vehicle - they should be able to do whatever they want to do to it as long as it doesn't endanger others.

But while we're here, I consider angry eyes on XJs and MJs pretty funny, but I'll never be scared of an XJ's front end.

And I slow down when I see ricers behind me with this, not to allow them to pass, but to frustrate them.

Good way to get shot (or shot at) in today's society.

Edit: Don't get your panties in a knot about my comment either because: (1) You know its true, and (2) you know I've seen it. Now we wait for the first fool to say "Oh well, I'd shoot back...."

And I slow down when I see ricers behind me with this, not to allow them to pass, but to frustrate them.

Edit: Don't get your panties in a knot about my comment either because: (1) You know its true, and (2) you know I've seen it. Now we wait for the first fool to say "Oh well, I'd shoot back...."

Not in my area. Aside from a few recently moved people and some trailer trash, we don't have much for crime. I see your point, and you are right. In a situation where life is threatened, self defense is warranted. I have my cow for a reason.

But this isn't the Wild West, this Is apparently the time of a holes who do stupid things to and with their cars.

Please link some articles that show definitely that people get shot for driving slow in front of ricers. (1) No, it is not true at least in in any statistically measurable way. (2) No, I have never seen it despite being a retired cop from a s(*&hole city that is generally on the "20  most dangerous cities in America" list. Please document the time you saw it because, you know, if we have all seen it  that would include you as, as well. Even actual "road rage" shootings are so rare, like real stranger child abductions, that when one happens anywhere in the country it is news everywhere. Therefore people think ( or more accurately don't think) that such things are (1) far more common than they are (2) something new. Now it is more likely, but still extremely rare, if the encounter keeps escalating over a period of time and distance but that scenario is not what is referenced in either comment. I know I know....someone read it on the internet.... :banana:

Be sure not to flash your headlights at oncoming cars with their brights on as that will get you shot as a gang initiation. It most be true as it was on the internet, as well  :doh: But if you forward this post to 47 people within 18 seconds the mythological being of your choice will grant you three wishes and cure polio.  :yes:

vinyl wrapped pop up lights? i thouhgt it was plasti dip 

and on the topic of shooting someone i carry a 12 gauge in my comanche along with a BFH id rather use the hammer and a chain than waste my buckshot on a car

Now if somebody came into my house id put a few rounds of 00 12 gauge buckshot into em

To each his own . I do stuff that other people wouldn't and vice versa. Why do people put different interiors ,lights, tires , wheels , dually flares etc. If there was meant to be no difference in anything every single vehicle would look identical . I can tell you there's some people I don't want to look / act like either different is good (quote from Arby's ) lol. After all aren't we considered different because of what we drive?

" Please link some articles that show definitely that people get shot for driving slow in front of ricers. (1) No, it is not true at least in in any statistically measurable way. (2) No, I have never seen it despite being a retired cop from a s(*&hole city that is generally on the "20  most dangerous cities in America" list. Please document the time you saw it because, you know, if we have all seen it  that would include you as, as well. Even actual "road rage" shootings are so rare, like real stranger child abductions, that when one happens anywhere in the country it is news everywhere. Therefore people think ( or more accurately don't think) that such things are (1) far more common than they are (2) something new. Now it is more likely, but still extremely rare, if the encounter keeps escalating over a period of time and distance but that scenario is not what is referenced in either comment. I know I know....someone read it on the internet.... :banana:

Be sure not to flash your headlights at oncoming cars with their brights on as that will get you shot as a gang initiation. It most be true as it was on the internet, as well  :doh: But if you forward this post to 47 people within 18 seconds the mythological being of your choice will grant you"

Well, I won't link articles, 'cause you are correct...if you go by what's on the internet you will almost always be a victim of exaggerations. I base what I say here on years of being a LEO (17 now, to be counting) and having actually worked some of the cases. We have a subset of idiots here, and live just 35 miles from the murder capitol of the country. (well, if you count the bodies found dead with "...numerous holes caused by unknown factors...."). If you are retired LEO, then I'm surprised you never worked a road rage case. They are not rare, at least not from the UCR data for the area.

However, if you wanna take the chance on forwarding this post to 47 folks in 18 seconds....it won't get you anything but a few confused looks..... :yes:

" Please link some articles that show definitely that people get shot for driving slow in front of ricers. (1) No, it is not true at least in in any statistically measurable way. (2) No, I have never seen it despite being a retired cop from a s(*&hole city that is generally on the "20 most dangerous cities in America" list. Please document the time you saw it because, you know, if we have all seen it that would include you as, as well. Even actual "road rage" shootings are so rare, like real stranger child abductions, that when one happens anywhere in the country it is news everywhere. Therefore people think ( or more accurately don't think) that such things are (1) far more common than they are (2) something new. Now it is more likely, but still extremely rare, if the encounter keeps escalating over a period of time and distance but that scenario is not what is referenced in either comment. I know I know....someone read it on the internet.... :banana:

Be sure not to flash your headlights at oncoming cars with their brights on as that will get you shot as a gang initiation. It most be true as it was on the internet, as well :doh: But if you forward this post to 47 people within 18 seconds the mythological being of your choice will grant you"

Well, I won't link articles, 'cause you are correct...if you go by what's on the internet you will almost always be a victim of exaggerations. I base what I say here on years of being a LEO (17 now, to be counting) and having actually worked some of the cases. We have a subset of idiots here, and live just 35 miles from the murder capitol of the country. (well, if you count the bodies found dead with "...numerous holes caused by unknown factors...."). If you are retired LEO, then I'm surprised you never worked a road rage case. They are not rare, at least not from the UCR data for the area.

However, if you wanna take the chance on forwarding this post to 47 folks in 18 seconds....it won't get you anything but a few confused looks..... :yes:

I have supervised numerous homicides and hundreds of shootings. Not one was for driving slow in front of a ricer. Although NOLA still battles DC for the most corrupt department the worst crime rates have been in the rust belt for some time now. IF you are a police officer posting NIBRS reports of some of the shootings that occurred due to someone driving slow in front of a ricer should be a simple matter. They are public records after all. I did include road rage shootings as occurring but just that they are rare and take far more than driving slow in front of a ricer''' :-)

this thread shows how biased most of the older Comanche generation issomething so simple makes them so pissyI'm smiling because i know my thread update started all of this post!!!!hahahahaha

It isn't a bias, it's an appreciation for things that look good.

You were a catalyst, to be sure. Though I will say that I have had my patience tried on the subject for quite some time.

To me, "mods" like this are a freakjeep association. The older generation will get this reference.