Full time MJer

fiatslug87

4 hours ago, Pete M said:

:banana:  time for projects and vacations!

First thing I did today was drive 100 miles to pick up an OEM brush guard for my wife's FJ Cruiser, I guess that's project #1. And I am now on a:

IMG_2232.JPG

Thanks everyone!

9 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

Thanks Michael.

Project #1 complete, not for the MJ but FJ Cruiser. OEM brush guard and OEM auxiliary lights.

IMG_6444.jpg

IMG_2240.JPG

IMG_1899.jpeg

How hard is it to find OEM parts for that? I know it wasn’t as well loved by everyone as the wrangler is. 

2 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

How hard is it to find OEM parts for that?

Very, very easy.  My mother has one.   They made them up until 2014 and a lot of parts still interchange with new 4Runners and Tundras.

30 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

How hard is it to find OEM parts for that? I know it wasn’t as well loved by everyone as the wrangler is. 

I've never seen one at a wrecking yard but there's actually a huge following for the FJC (check out how much 2014s are selling for and compare it to the Wrangler) the problem is they were only available in the US from 2007 to 2014, similar to the MJ's run. I've been looking for the brush guard for a few months, got a lead from a member on an FJC forum, the lights I got from eBay several years ago for a great price. There is quite a bit of after-market support, there's even a CARB compliant supercharger!

24 minutes ago, scaleless said:

Very, very easy.  My mother has one.   They made them up until 2014 and a lot of parts still interchange with new 4Runners and Tundras.

Like the MJ, some parts are FJC specific, such as the brush guard.

7 hours ago, Pete M said:

well, how goes the freedom? 

AWESOME! I should have done this years ago. Been doing a lot of hiking with the dogs. And it's amazing how many little projects around the house get neglected or put off when you only get two days a week to work on them. My new hobby is making jerky, this was my first attempt, turned out delicious but this particular recipe needs some tweaking for my taste.

IMG_2247.JPG

IMG_2248.JPG