Where your MJ was sold.

eaglescout526

Well given that 88mjsally found out where his MJ was sold from, since I told him, I figure I could help find info with y’all if you’re curious. Now some VINs act weird when looking up this info but if you would like to know, shoot me a PM with the last 8 and I can let you know what dealer your MJ was sold from. 

I've owned two '88 Eliminators that were built 1 month apart.   My current one came from Orillia Jeep-Eagle in Orillia, Ontario and my other one came from Allandale Motors Inc. in Barrie, Ontario, neither of which are still in business.   Both towns are about an hour north of Toronto and only a few miles apart.   Both came with the original owners manual and warranty and maintenance guide plus other dealership documents and the original keys.    

I've also owned 3 XJ's ('89, '90 & '95) and coincidently they all came from Bob Bannerman Motors in Toronto which is still in business.  I found a period correct Bannerman badge for my current XJ.  It's an '89 and came with the original receipt that shows an employee discount of 5%.  The purchaser worked on the assembly line at the Brampton plant where CJ5's & 7's were built.  It's a Limited so he must have been doing all right. 

I believe I still have the dealership plaque at my house. It was in the truck when I bought it. The original owners manual with info is filled out too, and I believe one of the sets of keys I have still has the inventory tag on it from new. I bought it off the original owner and it’s been in SC it’s whole life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to@eaglescout526 , I learned my Comanche, which I know has been in South Carolina at least the last 20 years, came from....

Tacoma, Washington Eagle Jeep. Complete opposite end of the country. That's crazy to think about. I had figured no further away than maybe Tennessee.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, OldSch88L said:

Will it also work for canadian dealers?

yep, had quite a few already, if it's Canadian sold it will have (CAN) at the end. We've still got 88 and 89 to do (majority of the registry) should get a few done tonight.