Tool Talk

Jeep Driver

I have a 1/4 Snap-On ratchet, and 3 Craftsmans.  I also have this swivel head HF.  The HF is my hands down favorite, I carry it in my junkyard bag.  I use it when I should be using a 3/8 ratchet.  I beat on one for at least 7 years and then left it on a Suburban at the Pick-n-Pull in St Louis (Merry Christmas to somebody) (also the reason I don't carry my Snap-On :laugh:).  Next trip to HF I bought another one (mine have green handles).

I'd be surprised if the ICON tools weren't good.

image_13050.jpg

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've converted completely to Gearwrench's 120XP line for my ratchets. I have them in every drive in flex head form. Every time I use a different kind of ratchet (even the Mac-Ons of the world) I remember why. Although these days, if at all possible to use a power tool, I will.

I have done some unholy things to my 3/8" drive ratchet that should have broken it. The handle is still perfectly straight and there are no skips in the ratchet mechanism.

• 3 weeks later...

94c714546197c3c8648d22badb94131c.jpg
ab8c4fd9f591e48136e3fcf626dcbad5.jpg
4a40b80f19d2dfd1b27615aa659281f9.jpg
d8606670e6a90ba9e2653117567a400d.jpg
19e8f826a9146f324d1c75efae36f17f.jpg

I bought a tool lot today. I’m not sure what the first tool picture is, and thought maybe one if you would know. Looks like some kind of scoring wheel. The other photos show some of the other stuff. Part of a 3 drawer craftsman set, part of a smaller craftsman set, part of a Stanley set, a diesel compression set, a 12v snap on charger (not sure how to tell if it works or not as I don’t own any snap on battery tools), a pickle fork set which I’m not entirely sure the brand, a puller, and a snap on ball joint press which I believe is missing some stuff. Everything looks like it came from the bottom of the lake so I need to figure out a way to remove some rust on them. So anyone know what the first tool is, or have any suggestions or comments about the rest. Any guesses on the purchase price of the lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, SatiricalHen said:

Is the wheel to score, then the notches to grab it and break it?

Yes, wheel to score but notches I think are for edge clean up (bad break). If your score line is long you can tap it for a clean edge with the other end (ball end).

Yes, wheel to score but notches I think are for edge clean up (bad break). If your score line is long you can tap it for a clean edge with the other end (ball end).

Interesting. I’ve never needed to use one before, but now I have one if I need it for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk