introducing my original MJ's doppelganger and new stablemate...

Pete M

sexy, isn't she?  :comanche:

88, red, 2wd, pioneer, 4.0, stick, grey interior.  just like my original baby (the one in my avatar).  Not exact though, this one has a bench, cruise, tilt, steelies, and official Pioneer decals instead of the hideous gold Olympic stripe.    Driving it home brought back a lot of memories.  :D   She has 76k miles and I'm the second owner.  I'll eventually be doing a restoration, but since I can't spend all of my money every day, I first need to sell off the only thing I own of value: my single-owner, even fewer miles Dakota R/T. :(  It tears me up that I can only keep one of them, but I don't live the "Dakota lifestyle" so the choice has been made.  (gotta do a few repairs in the Dak first)

But even before I get to the Dakota, I gotta pull up the MJ's carpet asap.   the undersides of the floors are very solid, but there is definitely moisture in the padding. :(

She's not perfect (I'll go in to more detail when I start a build thread) but I think that's perfect for me.  :D  It was scary enough driving this thing through Atlanta traffic, I'm not sure I could handle driving a perfect truck around.  :crazy:

20190407_140208.jpg

13 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

Please add it to the registry.:laugh:

will do :D

currently waiting on some help before I lift the bench out, but so far I've pulled back the carpet and there is some rust in there (and a couple gallons of water in the padding). :(  but so far it's by far the least amount of rust I've ever seen after pulling back an MJ carpet. :D  

I did manage to find the factory Jeep fog light covers under the seat so that at least answers my question of if they are OEM. :D 

I wonder how many other car buyers gut the interior within hours of purchase...   :D 

There is some rust, but nothing horrible.  Worst part is that it got under that frame cap.  :fistshake1:  not sure how to proceed short of drilling out 50 dang spot welds.  :dunno:  oh well, that's a fight for another day.  as soon as the padding under the dash is dry I'm putting the seat back and parking her in the barn and out of the weather 'til I'm ready for the next phase of this resto. 

the other what?  the comanche in my avatar pic?  that's tucked in next to the barn under the shelter I built for it and my empty shell MJ. :L: 

score!  found my window sticker :banana: 

20190407_214049.jpg

20190407_214107.jpg

2 minutes ago, Minuit said:

Another new MJ owner? Welcome to the addiction! :laugh:

If you ever need an extra pair of hands at some point I'd be happy to come down for a weekend. Serious offer.

I'll take you up on that. :L:  Party at Pete's (parents') house!  there are a slew of electrical issues.  also bring a radio with you. :D  mine doesn't do bluetooth.  (technically it doesn't do anything, it's one of the issues :()  But first in line is the R/T (gotta sell it to pay back the money I borrowed and hopefully have extra funds to sink into this MJ)

4 hours ago, Pete M said:

I'll take you up on that. :L:  Party at Pete's (parents') house!  there are a slew of electrical issues.  also bring a radio with you. :D  mine doesn't do bluetooth.  (technically it doesn't do anything, it's one of the issues :()  But first in line is the R/T (gotta sell it to pay back the money I borrowed and hopefully have extra funds to sink into this MJ)

Sounds fun. :L: I take it you'll want an '88 appropriate radio for this one?

11 minutes ago, Kjell said:

Nice truck Pete M :L: where did you find the window sticker?

in the pile of paperwork.  I think I have a receipt for every little thing done to the truck.  :D

40 minutes ago, Manche757 said:

How can you tell that is an 88?

He probably remembers the for sale ad from a few days ago.  :L:   I'll add in that detail to my original post.

On 4/8/2019 at 3:00 AM, Minuit said:

Sounds fun. :L: I take it you'll want an '88 appropriate radio for this one?

if you've got one lying around :D    this one has a tape deck now so I guess I should use a matching one. :dunno:  I've never done a resto before.