That is really cool. Funny thing about the generator lights. A friend who works in that industry refers to them as a tower of power. Took me a while to figure out what the hell he was talking about, lol, the only tower of power I think of is the great funk band but also recently vintage mercury outboard motors. 

Buck.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, buxmj said:

That is really cool. Funny thing about the generator lights. A friend who works in that industry refers to them as a tower of power. Took me a while to figure out what the hell he was talking about, lol, the only tower of power I think of is the great funk band but also recently vintage mercury outboard motors. 

Buck.

Tower of Power. I like it. 

• 1 month later...

Well, the transmission had an issue with jumping out of first gear. I brought it back to the tech school that rebuilt it. It turns out that the first gear shift fork bolt was loose on the rail. They changed the fluid in the trans and transfer case and changed some vent hoses for free. No complaints there!

But now the axle seal started leaking, so I ordered the seal and it needed a new wheel bearing, so that is on order too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, she is now put away for the winter. Not after some work though. About 90 miles, 45 towing the trailer with the engine in it, the other 45 with just the cherry picker and the trailer. I only used about a quarter of a tank. I figure I had close to 2000 lbs behind/in the truck. 
AB0D9E78-F7CE-44A6-A8AE-421FA87D797B.jpeg.7c11ffcfb9a969e2927383970a318eca.jpeg

• 1 month later...

The Comanche got part of its birthday present installed. A chrome 10 slot grille and complete front end. The bumper install will come in the spring. 
Sorry about the poor lighting. 
9D3C7C1B-EEED-4F3F-BB00-B1E6CF229126.jpeg.83f17c901339346adca0e315f1ea8e1c.jpeg433261C5-CEBA-4CFE-8FAB-08D71B2CED18.jpeg.8fc8de493060a574b4b229af851d077d.jpeg

• 89 MJ changed the title to 89 Sportruck—Now in Phase II
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, in the past few months, I’ve had a couple of people asking if I’d sell the truck, and how much it would take. The most recent one was yesterday. Both times I’ve had to tell them know. Sure, could I sell it and make some money? That answer is yes, but I would then go out and buy another one and build it very similarly. Really, there is no suitable replacement for these trucks, after I have thought about it for a while. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

Looks good all tucked in. :teehee:

It’s looking like this is probably it’s last winter that it will have to be tucked in. This time next year, I should be down in AZ for school. 

41 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

It’s looking like this is probably it’s last winter that it will have to be tucked in. This time next year, I should be down in AZ for school. 

Cool, what field are you pursuing?

2 hours ago, scguy said:

Cool, what field are you pursuing?

I’m going to pursue mechanical engineering to later go in to the automotive industry. I would love to design and build engine performance parts (ideally 4.0/4.2 parts because I have a test bed for those). 

• 89 MJ changed the title to 89 Sportruck