6 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

I have checked those out and am going to kind of following them. I mean it's not like theres a lot of parts. I think we will be ok. the plan is finish the interior and turn signals and just take a break on it.

That's a good plan. Maybe drive it around stock for a while with your permit and just get comfortable with it.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 89 MJ said:

That's a good plan. Maybe drive it around stock for a while with your permit and just get comfortable with it.

yeah maybe get it legal this summer to help out building the shop. enjoy it. take it down a dirt road or two

4 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

You know you guys can message each other, right? Instead of cluttering up the build thread.

Yes, I'm an a$$.

I know we can. And we probably should have. You should see our PM that we had going on paint alone. Don’t worry about being an a$$, I am too. :D 

4 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

looking poster ready! :grinyes:

Hopefully I will have everything do me for the All Breeds Jeep Show! I think the only thing I need to buy (or rather build) before then is a set of rock sliders. This truck will see trails....someday....maybe. 

16 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Hopefully I will have everything do me for the All Breeds Jeep Show! I think the only thing I need to buy (or rather build) before then is a set of rock sliders. This truck will see trails....someday....maybe. 

are you keeping that chunky front bumper?

2 hours ago, Jesse J said:

huh ok :nutherround:

I might toss the OEM one on tomorrow to see how it looks. I will probably be doing my headlight relay harness and H4 housings/bulbs swap tomorrow too. 

5 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

I might toss the OEM one on tomorrow to see how it looks. I will probably be doing my headlight relay harness and H4 housings/bulbs swap tomorrow too. 

cool beans. I think the oem one will look real good

35 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

cool beans. I think the oem one will look real good

I think it would too, my only concern is the front flares. Of all of my extra flares, none of them are the factory "base model" black type flares. I will need to source new front flares from my local JY to make it match and make the front look OEM like @neohic did.

801895645_Neohicbumper.jpeg.75dc37918b8700ce3eca7a9f764d1a6a.jpeg

More stuff! I emptied the bed and installed the KSuspension headlight relay harness along with some Hello e-code housings and H4 bulbs. They are BRIGHT!!

where I have the relays mounted, the hood prop rod rests on top of them and still clears the hood :banana:

C933589C-BAB3-4159-94C2-00DE92BB67BB.jpeg.13d9e3eb431984c933dc567b19049520.jpeg

2EC6C042-0C5E-40E3-9C49-C8B562920C6D.jpeg.95a508832e36c34e1908a57887542f66.jpegF500DA48-F02F-4B54-9E08-B7767252E9A4.jpeg.d7279ec45c71346cbc29b8c23ef523d9.jpeg

9 minutes ago, jdog said:

What no pictures of the lights on?

No, there wasn’t enough room to get a good pic, there were about 3 feet between the front of the truck and the back of my dad’s YJ. 

I also grabbed this pic when unloading the truck. 

FD36136E-8C6E-4045-9D05-E11A2439B871.jpeg.8e26fd0f6f79ca19af02662931b9ce92.jpeg

Dang WI! We are supposed to get snow for a couple more hours (it’s been light to this point and is supposed to stay light). The plow truck just went by dropping a bunch of salt, straight salt. I was hoping to get my MJ about soon, but I guess now it’s sitting for a week at least or until we get a rain. 

Yesterday I drilled holes and mounted the sportbar. It took some massaging to get it to fit right. This morning I have it a bath and took it for a spin to the stop sign down by our house (1 mile). The 4.0 and AX-15 felt great! My little brother and I were in the truck, my parents were at home. When I had turned around to go home, I stood in the gas. It had no problem breaking those 31x10.50s loose. My dad heard it from a mile away. This was the first time I had gotten the truck on the road and up to speed since the engine swap. 

The turn signals didn’t work though, we traced it to bad terminals in the fuse block. I think this is going to be the fourth of fifth time we’ve fixed these. After it rains the first half of this week and I get the new fuse block terminals in, I’ll finally be daily driving it again. 

The fuse block got rebuilt, and the salt has been washed off of the road. I took it for a little spin in the dark. Gotta say, the Hella housings and bulbs wou the headlight relay harness made the lights almost as bright as OEM JKU LEDs. If you haven’t looked into these yet, it’s an absolute must. 

• 89 MJ changed the title to 89 Sportruck