I'm hoping to pull the truck out of storage in the next couple of weeks here. I probably won't be driving it for at least a month, but it is time to do some mods that I have wanted to do for a while.

I am going to start with putting my chrome front bumper on and getting my front skid and sportbar powder coated.

While I do that, a set of uncut front flares will be going on.

While the skid and sportbar are at powdercoat, I am going to actually put some time into the engine. I plan to do Cruiser's Distributor index:
http://cruiser54.com/?p=68

While I'm in there, either advance the CPS or just swap to a high altitude CPS:

http://cruiser54.com/?p=127

And upgrade to a bored TB:

http://www.strokedjeep.com/renix t-body.html

I'm hoping those will just make the truck a little smoother and wake it up a little while maybe improving the fuel mileage, but that's about my last concern.

Once I have this thing back on the road, then it will be time to tear back into the Eagle.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everything but the TB and seat cover are here. I still have not been able to get the truck out of storage, but I am going to have to get it out and get it on the road by next Wednesday. I was really hoping I’d be able to do everything done before it hits the road, but it was voted by the senior class as the coolest car for the yearbook, so I have to get it to school for pictures. I’m pretty excited, though!

Indeed it does, Pete!

New front brakes are installed. I also had another piece that I had ordered show up. And yes, I took the picture of it on the kitchen counter. 
517A1F8F-3D45-44A0-BFF3-4A93071324E2.jpeg.179e8fb888501fffc65be2e2ae3b55a2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Thank you! Do you have a bored TB on yours? If not, we should take this thing for a ride. I think you’ll be impressed. 

I do have one on mine. I'm still down for a ride though.

• 2 weeks later...

Such a job well done with your mj, I always like seeing pics of yours, glad to see it get some fresh air but we are all happy that you keep it protected during the salt months. I need to get a bored TB, looks to add some nice pep. 

Congrats on the award, I wonder if there is anything close to the mj in terms of coolness factor and I would bet serious money non of those were diy like yours. Great job and glad it is getting recognition by your peers! 

7 hours ago, buxmj said:

Such a job well done with your mj, I always like seeing pics of yours, glad to see it get some fresh air but we are all happy that you keep it protected during the salt months. I need to get a bored TB, looks to add some nice pep. 

Congrats on the award, I wonder if there is anything close to the mj in terms of coolness factor and I would bet serious money non of those were diy like yours. Great job and glad it is getting recognition by your peers! 

Thank you for the kind words Buck! The bored TB is definitely worth it, and the high altitude CPS is also worth the investment. I haven’t posted anything about it yet, but it gave it more low end torque and mid range power, plus I seem to be getting better fuel mileage. 

The other kid who won the award with my drives a little Audi. There is one kid who drives a 73-79 Squarebody Chevy that looks to be all original, which is cool. Other than that, it’s a run of the mill parking lot that is full of mommy and daddy’s money. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, scguy said:

A Daytona? Sick!

That chrome bumper looks great

Yessir! It was really cool to be able to drive such a sought after car. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Oops, I bought another Bolens. The MJ hauled it like a champ though. I could have used a trailer, but I didn’t have time to run home and pick it up before the Bolens was scheduled to be crushed. 
39F535C1-CC54-4D1D-8564-72181E2B4BC7.jpeg.d0e41928b7176b6d3c9d8246eb833959.jpeg

• 89 MJ changed the title to 89 Sportruck