Jeep officially announces new pickup

jerpderp

Cheap bastids. You have to be very sick if you don't love this. Not a "work" truck by any means, but who buys trucks for work now anyhow? Maybe 10% max of the total?

I agree though about the proposed 4DR JK truck. That is ugly maximus.

But what if the production version has less chrome? Or none at all.... :eek:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess it's my job to be the resident contrarian. I certainly agree that Jeep needs to be making a pickup again. A pickup based on the Wrangler? No way. Ugly, stupid, and impractical. I'm not even a little bit interested. And, given that it's based on the obscenely over-priced Wrangler, we can also be assured that the new PU will be obscenely over-priced.

The strategy of overpricing the Wrangler seems to have worked quite well though. There's millions of them here. My hand gets sore from all the waving.
It's gotten to the point around here that 99% of the Wrangler owners are not Jeep people at all and only got it because it's cool to own one or something. You wave to a wrangler driver and they give you the "why the hell he waving at me" look. Only the older wrangler and XJ drivers give the wave anymore.

Edit: Oh and the 1 guy who owns a Scrambler waves.

Every man and his dog drives a JK around here, most of them stock, the built ones are generally mall crawlers with lots of money and a catalog thrown at them. I usually only wave at XJ / TJ and older. You can tell who is an offroad enthusiast and who isn't.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Every man and his dog drives a JK around here, most of them stock, the built ones are generally mall crawlers with lots of money and a catalog thrown at them. I usually only wave at XJ / TJ and older. You can tell who is an offroad enthusiast and who isn't.

I wheel my pretty modified MJ regularly but DD a stock JKU. So tell me how you judge me in my stock JKU?

I wheel my pretty modified MJ regularly but DD a stock JKU. So tell me how you judge me in my stock JKU?
I don't judge you, I just don't wave to you, because you blend in with everyone else. You might as well want to wave because you wheel an MJ but drive a Civic. Might be different where you live, but here there is almost as many JK's on the road as Honda Civics.

Not at all interested in any Jeep Truck if it is a 4 door, and if that data is correct then we won't likely see a truck for sale for another 2 years once that billion dollars is spent so

until I see them on the dealer lot Its all BS articles just to get you to click to the website...

Its Gladiator style concept for me or nothing at all but I do love that Wagoneer concept just not sure I would own one...

I couldn't help but notice that the MJ was not specifically stated in the hierarchy of vehicles and therefore it must be assumed as in the "other" category? Or are we mashing it in with the XJ without specifically saying so?

No idea, it was probably written by a mall crawler that has no idea what an MJ is.

The Jeep wouldn't really take many sales away from the Ram. I would expect it to be more of a competitor to the Tacoma and Colorado. FCA doesn't currently sell a mid-size truck, at least not in this market.

I personally was a fan of the Renegade-based Comanche concept, but I doubt we'll ever see that one.

Yes they are bringing out a Wrangler truck. This it true. They are going to shutdown between March and April this year. They are moving the Cherokee out and moving the Wrangler to the Cherokee side. But they have alot of retooling to do.

They have not decided what they will build on the old Wrangler side yet but I heard it will be a car.

Might even bring back a Ramcharger if it's on the Ram platform. Fun fact, they sold a 3rd gen Ramcharger in Canada, up to 2002. Good luck actually finding one though.

These have been all over Mexico and Guatemala until 2012

Also some custom rigs

I'm still drooling over the Mighty FC concept that was released a few years ago. I've always loved FC-170s and 150s. I know it will never make it to production, but a guy can dream, right?

Imagine cruising down to the beach for a fishing trip in that thing.

If they sold these I would definitely buy one. These cab-over trucks are just so awesome. I had a friend in high school that had an old cab-over truck just like this and it was the coolest thing ever. There is so much room is these cabs too.

• 2 weeks later...