Why Is This At $8,000?

glundblad

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

show truck. he even uses the words "show truck".  yes its beautiful and probably fun to drive around town. not suitable for the bush. also, i had my rear shocks set up like that. it's a bad trip because as soon as there's flex in the rear, they snap off. broke a couple off before i re-installed studs to mount the lower part of the shocks onto the tube    :)

Fellows, a fair price is what a willing buyer and a willing seller agree on.  One man's trash is another man's treasure.  I would not waste a single quarter any truck like that.  But it really turns some people ON and they are willing to part with their money.  And some people like "the look" but don't know how to turn a wrench, so they just have to pay for the finished product (or do without).   Fine with me.

Now, this is Ebay, so let's see if the winning bidder performs or if he/she is just an Ebay Flake.  In which case, you will see the truck listed again.

Exactly. It's got "the look" but the dude obviously didn't do any work himself. In fact he said as much. 'All custom professional work'. Blech.

Its amazing what people will pay for MJs in different parts of the country.

At my shop I have a CC members MJ, it has a complete late model swap (inside, outside, and drivetrain), it has the same RK 3 link, D44s front and rear geared with ARBs,ECT.......you get the idea...

He had it up for sale a while back for about half what this trucks bid is at and had almost no interest.

I guess a lot of people like posers. Those fenders are about worthless anywhere off-road but a desert environment. They would last 12 seconds on a wooded trail or on rocks that would get you off camber. Look how many people put fairly high lifts on their jeeps and oversized tires and never go farther off-road than a gravel parking lot.

I guess a lot of people like posers. Those fenders are about worthless anywhere off-road but a desert environment. They would last 12 seconds on a wooded trail or on rocks that would get you off camber. Look how many people put fairly high lifts on their jeeps and oversized tires and never go farther off-road than a gravel parking lot.

Obviously the high bidder does not care or share in your opinion........I am starting to like him......

His opinion is valid, as is mine. The money isn't there, someone will be robbed of their own accord for lack of knowledge on valuation of these tricks.

I'm starting to dislike people's opinions being Ill founded, yxmj

His opinion is valid, as is mine. The money isn't there, someone will be robbed of their own accord for lack of knowledge on valuation of these tricks.

You can dislike whatever you want..........your comment shows your arrogance....your assuming none dislike your opinion.......careful you might be wrong......again......  :thumbsup:

You can dislike whatever you want..........your comment shows your arrogance....your assuming none dislike your opinion.......careful you might be wrong......again...... :thumbsup:

Lmfao.

I know I'm arrogant, and perfectly ok with that. It's nice, because I no longer am willing to stoop low enough to deal with the low class, or the make-do attitude. Nice not to waste time with people who want to give nothing for something, or value nothing for something. I'm only after fair here.

Given my history as well as Incommando's, we know these trucks and that thing is over it's value by the better part of $3000 currently.

It is fact. Now, fact is hardly relative to the transaction, but neither is your opinion of how relative the truth of what people do and do not like is.

My bet, purchaser is a rich kids daddy, or an old guy who had one once and thinks it is cool. But anyone worth a lick can see what is(n't) there in value.

its a nice truck for sure.  if someone is willing to pay that much, then thats how much the truck is worth.  some people don't have the capabilities to build a truck like that so i can see where someone would want to buy it already built.  i sure as hell wish i could sell my truck for that much....

its a nice truck for sure. if someone is willing to pay that much, then thats how much the truck is worth. some people don't have the capabilities to build a truck like that so i can see where someone would want to buy it already built. i sure as hell wish i could sell my truck for that much....

Your truck is a fantastic machine. I'm glad you're not fixing the rockers every trip any more, and what it has gotten for dings is simply character. It does what it needs to, and does it well.

But even if yours was still body perfect, it is twice as built as this thing, and you know you couldn't look a person in the eye and take $10000 for it, just based on the sole fact that you are a good, honest person.

The value of these trucks is going up for nice condition, but not for something like this one on ebay.

I stand by my previous post.....2 words of advice....

1) to you.....careful you might blow a blood vessel ......

2) to anyone else reading....if you have not figured it out for yourself.....a post count does not denote knowledge on any subject.....it just means you have a lot of time on your hands.... :thumbsup:

I stand by my previous post.....2 words of advice....

1) to you.....careful you might blow a blood vessel ......

2) to anyone else reading....if you have not figured it out for yourself.....a post count does not denote knowledge on any subject.....it just means you have a lot of time on your hands.... :thumbsup:

Lol. Maybe going to have a heart attack from laughter. My post count was generated mostly prior to two years ago...I bet it hasn't been 1000 in the last two.

Harsh to call it a bastardized mess. A lot of work, planning, and expense went into it to get it to the stage it's in, especially when you look at what they started with in the link. Rusty beginning. I like how it looks, very much. Functional, who knows. It's not for me.

I do think however this might be another Ebay game vehicle; set a huge reserve that will never be met, auction ends, then the sale goes back channel to the highest bidder (or 2nd, 3rd, 4th) until they secure a buyer. It's become common since Ebay stopped charging listing fees. I may be wrong, but   :dunno:

Ebay is charging up the wazoo.

But you may be right on that count

Once a rusty truck, always a rusty truck...probably had no choice but to use the hanneman bedsides. You cannot stop rust on layered sheetmetal once it has started, you can only prevent it before it happens.

I think it's about time this thread be closed and locked. It's taken a bad turn from what the original post was about and starting to trash talk other members on the group. Everyone needs to quit getting so butt hurt because someone doesn't like their opinion about an my. Remember opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one and are perfectly entitled to it as well. Some people wouldn't like that I chopped an my in half to build my 4 door but who cares it's my mj and will be used for a reason as I have kids and xjs have little leg room in the back. To the OP the truck is going that high because it's already built and clean and shiny, to a lot of people on eBay that's all they know/care about. It wasn't built by one person it was built by a shop and they did it with the intention of trying to get some if not all of their money back out of it. It is a nice clean truck and would look good cruising down the beaches and is possibly only going to do that but whatever that's the buyers choice. Just because most of us in here go offroading in the rocks and woods and mudholes doesn't mean that's the only thing to do. If someone wants to overpay for an mj then so be it, at least it's another one still on the road and not in a crusher.

I'm with 89Eliminator on this topic - the true value of an item is what someone is willing to pay for it. Maybe no one else would see that value, but in the buyer's eyes, that's what it's worth.

Some may believe my truck has a lower value than the amount I paid for it. The point is that the seller and I agreed on a price and that is the value. Can I get that same value if I resell the truck. Maybe so, maybe not (I've had one offer I turned down for $1000 more than I paid), regardless of what others think, to me the amount I paid is the truck's value. I'm not asking anyone for an opinion on the value of my truck and don't require any one's agreement to the value I place on it,

Now to the question of whether I would consider myself an honest person if I let some one give me $10,000 or $12,000 for the truck -

Yes, I would. If that person values the truck at that amount it's perfectly OK with me, and they would be the new owner as fast as the check cleared and I could sign over the title.