Why Is This At $8,000?

glundblad

I'm with 89Eliminator on this topic - the true value of an item is what someone is willing to pay for it. Maybe no one else would see that value, but in the buyer's eyes, that's what it's worth.

Some may believe my truck has a lower value than the amount I paid for it. The point is that the seller and I agreed on a price and that is the value. Can I get that same value if I resell the truck. Maybe so, maybe not (I've had one offer I turned down for $1000 more than I paid), regardless of what others think, to me the amount I paid is the truck's value. I'm not asking anyone for an opinion on the value of my truck and don't require any one's agreement to the value I place on it,

Now to the question of whether I would consider myself an honest person if I let some one give me $10,000 or $12,000 for the truck -

Yes, I would. If that person values the truck at that amount it's perfectly OK with me, and they would be the new owner as fast as the check cleared and I could sign over the title.

If everything was a personal valuation, there would be no insurance adjusters. Or insurance for that matter.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOLD for $9,500.  Too much.

Too much for you and too much for me.  BUT just right for the buyer and the seller.  So if the money changes hands, that is the true value of that particular truck at that point in time.

Like I said before, this is Ebay, we shall see if the buyer flakes and it is listed again.

SOLD for $9,500. Too much.

Too much for you and too much for me. BUT just right for the buyer and the seller. So if the money changes hands, that is the true value of that particular truck at that point in time.

Like I said before, this is Ebay, we shall see if the buyer flakes and it is listed again.

Yeah these things often don't sell to the actual winner and the actual winner may be a schill to get a list of interested buyers to market the truck to after the sale to the "winner" falls through as Horn brood mentioned.

• 3 months later...

I stand by my previous post.....2 words of advice....

1) to you.....careful you might blow a blood vessel ......

2) to anyone else reading....if you have not figured it out for yourself.....a post count does not denote knowledge on any subject.....it just means you have a lot of time on your hands.... :thumbsup:

At least it doesn't have a YJ front axle right YXMJ?  :brows:

Are we STILL talking about this truck????

Y'all should be happy they're selling for big numbers......... Means the interest/market is growing which is both good and bad.  Good that the trucks we have may be more valueable...... but the trucks that guys wanna buy will be more expensive than they've been in a while.