Comanche Bling Jealousy Thread!!!

jpnjim

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments guys. I am a bit crazy when it comes to the MJ stuff, and MJ related stuff.

So much of it has come with either horse trading, cheap, or easy to grab kind of deals though. I think Will described it best once...

And having actually been in the JY with Rob.. I know two truths. He is cheap...

But he won't leave behind any usable MJ specific parts... He considers it leaving the same thing as leaving a man behind...

Ohh... and Angela is VERY understanding of his issue.

Cab vents, tailgates, tail lights, dome lights, seat brackets, emblems, etc, all come off with little or no tools. If I see an MJ in a yard, it all comes home with me. I'm always on Craigslist, eBay, here, other forums, trolling for interesting stuff. Some members point things out for me, like the turbo diesel badges. They were just under a generic listing, but one of our members knew enough to know they were special, and told me. Thank god he did.

As for sharing it, I would rather share what kind of stuff is out there though rather than keep it under lock and key. So much of my excitement and passion comes from strolling through places with old Jeep/AMC nuts and them letting me touch, tickle, and wiggle everything. What good is it to just hide it? All these items are meant to be seen and on display. I love having MJ'ers over and letting them root through everything. A lot of what I have isn't even pictured... The short list of stuff not on the net would be some of my dealer promo stuff, spares/extras of the stuff I posted, posters, factory service manuals, common MJ parts that I didn't take a pic of that were hard to get to... All the pics I posted were of things that came up in a thread in the past. I just strolled through the albums and copied the ones that applied to the thread.

Where do I put it all? It's tough. I live in a duplex, in town. I have half a yard, a 2 car garage, and a shed. I get ideas, and make it work. The shed is full, but I try to keep it somewhat organized. I only ever have one MJ in the garage, so the couch is in there, as well as some of the bigger stuff. I installed an attic ladder in the garage attic, so I have drop down/walk up access to all my parts up there. Anything that I can carry goes up there. There is some stuff up there that I probably shouldn't have carried up also. My downstairs is finished, so I have a room where I keep my overflow that I want to turn into an office. I try to get creative with some of it too. I have the couch, the bedside is going to get hung on the wall or under the bar, going to make a coffee table out of a gate, hang the rest in a grid for wall art, and it goes on. Back when I lived with my mom in high school, she had to put up a shed just to curtail my collection.

As for the beneficiaries... Pete and I pretty much have each other covered. That said, there are 2 other members would would get a phone call after Pete.

Anytime anyone is in the area of Northern IL, my doors are always open, stop by, and you just might leave with some stuff.

Rob :cheers:

Seeing all that MJ stuff, I've got to say I'm in AWE. Like, short of breath in awe. And to think that a little over three months ago, before I bought my own Comanche (wow... seems like way longer than three months) I wouldn't have really given a crap...

Damn that MJ bug bites hard...

I've got stuff. I'm not saying that I've got super some super rare stuff but the stuff I have is some good stuff. For the few people that I've sold parts to they're seen how I catalog things in little baggies and labeled boxes. I like this picture:

406788_334920796606790_1103498216_n.jpg

That whole shelf is anything from taillight harnesses to bumper end caps to lower shock mounts. I really don't advertise much about most of the parts I've got but I do volunteer to sell off when I see someone who needs something. So... you didn't see anything here!

Oh... and this. :D

602356_340700462695490_1837668051_n.jpg

Being the undisputed King of MJ Bling,

I thought for sure you'd have a pic to instill jealousy in all of Comanche-dom :D

I'm purely a NOS guy Jimmy, and it's all packed away and would be difficult to break out and take pics just "to instill jealousy in all of Comanche-dom". Guess I'm older and don't see the point. Once in awhile I'll list some NOS goodies on Ebay when I feel like it and/or need some shelf space, then I take plenty of pics. This is a good thread and I am enjoying seeing some of the stuff y'all have collected, especially the large advertising items.

X2 but not of the truck.

:yes: She looks kind of bored though...........

Hey Rob, just out of curiosity how long have you been a MJ enthusiast?

Started when I was 15 with the purchase of an '86 Comanche, fell hard into it, had a ton of parts and trucks. Was hot and heavy for a few years, discovered tech school, girls, and a Cummins diesel. Sold all of my parts and my trucks off when I was 18/19 to a member. Played with the Cummins for a couple years, blew the Cummins up and couldn't afford another. Co-worker had a '91 Cherokee for cheap that needed work. Bought that, and fell hard again. I'm 26 now.

Good to be back.

Rob :D

I'm purely a NOS guy Jimmy, and it's all packed away and would be difficult to break out and take pics just "to instill jealousy in all of Comanche-dom". Guess I'm older and don't see the point.

Point taken :)

I still have way too much stuff packed from the move,

and lots of boxes that I'm not even sure what is in them.

I was just having fun with you though,

no pressure,

jealously in Comanche-dom is pretty well satisfied thanks to Rob, Pete & others now anyway ;)

Thanks to all the posts so far

I've seen quite a few things that I didn't know existed.

Once I dig deeper into the pile of boxes here,

I'll have some more stuff to post myself.

Only thing left to ask......

who's gonna step up and start a wives & girlfriend jealousy thread now?:D

name='jpnjim' timestamp='1354368128' post='362951']

Point taken :)

I still have way too much stuff packed from the move,

and lots of boxes that I'm not even sure what is in them.

I was just having fun with you though,

no pressure,

jealously in Comanche-dom is pretty well satisfied thanks to Rob, Pete & others now anyway ;)

Thanks to all the posts so far

I've seen quite a few things that I didn't know existed.

Once I dig deeper into the pile of boxes here,

I'll have some more stuff to post myself.

Only thing left to ask......

who's gonna step up and start a wives & girlfriend jealousy thread now? :D

[/b]

Your a sick man but i like it, lets start with your ride, i mean GF or wife or both is you are so luckly

My bling

Bronze colored one

Gold colored one S/N 0015

I'm going to have to keep my eye out for that one. I have the bronze, which I imagine was handed out everywhere, but I have never seen a gold one. Just think about who's hands that puppy might have been in at AMC...

Rob

• 5 months later...

complete un-cracked unbroken pristine right hand drive dash (oh and in north America)....yeah I'd call that bling.

LOL........ yeah, it's FAR from pristine.  It's got two nasty cracks on the top and the inner structure is busted all to hell.  Figured it was just too rare and cool to send to the crusher with the rig it came out of. 

This photo pretty much sums up the overall condition of the 2dr XJ and former postal delivery Cherokee it came out of.  If stood on the door sill plate and bounced up and down, I could get that crack to open up almost a 1/4".......

Anytime anyone is in the area of Northern IL, my doors are always open, stop by, and you just might leave with some stuff.

Rob :cheers:

I will have to take you up on that offer some time soon, that is somewhat of a collection! :thumbsup: :cheers: