what do u do for a living?

cocy

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wood butcher.

As of December 31st last year I closed doors to the cabinet shop for good, and am now a manager for Autozone.

Selling off some of my equipment to raise funds for a 24x40 garage with 13' ceilings.

Well in the last few years ive chimed in on here more than once...lol

But currently I am just 2 weeks away from completing training and becoming a licensed Freight Conductor for Norfolk Southern. Absolutely enjoy it!   :) Hope I finally found a career!

11046180_1485606748330889_67288987161027

Graduated Aug 2014 with a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering and a minor in Design and Development finally at the age of 26. Took the first real job I got offered out of college so I could afford to pay off my student loans.....

I am a Product Design Engineer and Safety Coordinator for All Seasons Windows - Commercial division in Bryan, Texas.

I also own Vance Custom Woodworking, a business I started 2 years ago to help me financially get through college. It has really taken off and am currently looking for land to build 30x40 metal building to run the business out of.

Oil changer, tire rotater, crap taker, at the local Jeep dealer, training to become a certified Chrysler tech for no other reason other than i want to be learning/doing something new at all times. I have zero interest in being a mechanic. I will be going back to school to finish last two years for a BS in civil engineering.

Ex-Baker (Family used to own a Mr Donuts) - Up til my late teens

Ex-Welder (MIG/TIG), Baler Operator, Bobcat Driver, Forklift Driver and Apprentice Mechanic (<-- Basic stuff for Semis)

Nowadays, computer geek (for last ~20 years)

I work in steel mine for US Steel.

I operate shovels in the pit now. (Used to drive truck, then operate equipment, now shovels)

P&H 2800 XPB is the main one.

CAT 6060

CAT 6040

P&H 2300

And I still play with 992, 993, 994 loaders once in awhile! Love it.

• 2 months later...

I run bottling kegging and canning machines at a local craft brewery. The new "Mr. President" is a firm believer in the caste system and doesn't speak to me. Thus I remain at the bottom rung for a third year. On the upshot I have nine free cases of beer in my shop! yay. At least my loving wife makes money. Won't name the brewery because the bung hole (hee hee) doesn't get that form of respect from me. Did I just say that!?!?

I think I may of posted in this thread already, but here I go (again?)

Been with my dad in construction since i was 14 (19 now).

But I'm looking to get into something automotive related, mechanic or something.

In the meantime I worked part tune at a UPS warehouse and 2 different U-haul centers. (2013-2015)

This past week I started a new job working for a local fencing company though, Full time!

Clearing out my phone tonight and thought I'd share exactly what I do. Last three bathrooms I've done, everything from electrical to plumbing to drywall to paint to trim to marble.......I frame through completion.

Public Works Fleet Mechanic(I.U.O.E. Local 150). I work for the town where they filmed "Groundhog's Day". We work on everything from chainsaws, weed wackers, police cars, pickup trucks, skidsteers, front end loaders, pumps, dump trucks, and heavy equipment. We do anything and everything when it comes to repairs and fabrication. It's a pretty diverse job, the only thing that could make it better is some co-workers would move on. Currently bearing down for plow season, which I loathe with much passion.

Can't wait for spring.

Rob

Been awhile since I wondered into this area... Needs some updating. Had some restructuring at work, a leadership role was opened up, I applied and was promoted to Fleet Division Foreman. My co-worker did an internal transfer to another division, I brought in one of the good guys from another division that knew enough about cars, and hired external where a former manager of mine now works in my team. I just put the paperwork together to submit to council for a $160,000 plow truck. Same job, just with more paperwork and a/c time. And an office in an electrical room. Like Milton in Office Space.

I love what I do, and the guys I work with. Pay could be a little better, but it could be worse.

Rob

• 3 months later...