Project "Eliminator"

door #2. kept the mirror mount to make it "legal", used lighter thinner metal and didnt warp it this time. also did a slightly different cut to make it more comfortable when you rest your arm on it. painted it flat black again just for simplicity. might break out the colorado red next winter if i decide to keep the door.

• 3 weeks later...
the patch was off of a 2dr XJ. i used a wide jaw vise grip to make a low spot for the new metal to lay on top of. for the inner wheel well i made a new piece that i welded to the fender and inner wheel well.

I have a flanger if you ever need to use one at some point(think cowl hood). I also have a couple of extra doors if you need them.

If I ever finish my MJ I'll need to find another decent pair of 2dr XJ doors to make myself a pair.

With the longer 2dr XJ window openings/extended cab I would like to try to keep the wing windows an inside handle of some sort, mirrors and some speakers.

I also plan to add a deep cup holder that is insulated. It would need to fit my BPE free water bottle that has a great cover that will keep the dust out.

The marine store has some I like. :brows:

So are you going to pad the top and insde edge for comfort and safety?

You could run padding up the rear edge to protect your elbow too. ;)

A cup holder could be mounted in the forward angle area cut in door still. :cheers:

I really like it. jamminz.gif

My plans that also include plating the outside of the door. :brows:

Looks good , must be nice on these summer days . Are you going to cage it or put a rail in there , I like how you can see the seat from the outside .. ;)

yeah i plan to run some sort of interior cage...eventually

What size tires your running and what coil spring did you get and from where? I when though all 36 post great write-up dude :bowdown:

33x10.5 BFG Mud Terrains. coils are 6.5" Rustys Offroad

got some new to me Bilstein 5100s the other day. it rides SO much better having the whole truck on Bilsteins.

Can't go wrong there , I'm using the RE version and LOVE them ... :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

long time no update. been REALLY busy with school lately. done some stuff to the MJ over the past months. mainly wheeled it. but...

i changed over to black flares

then my last trip ended early and bad...

damage was both ball joints leaving the inner C, which in turn ripped/broke the u-joint out of the shaft. the ears on the shaft stretched so that to is junk. had to winch into a tree to lift the front end off the ground to get the tire and brake assembly off so we could drag the truck onto level ground.

37148_1668435754611_1348844572_1739600_664834_n.jpg