Project "Eliminator"

damage was both ball joints leaving the inner C, which in turn ripped/broke the u-joint out of the shaft. the ears on the shaft stretched so that to is junk. had to winch into a tree to lift the front end off the ground to get the tire and brake assembly off so we could drag the truck onto level ground.

Been there on my TJ except when the knuckle separated from the inner C the tire took out my fender as well. That was the motivation I needed for flat fenders.

Nice truck!

thanks guys. i LOVE the half door, one of the best things i have ever made. SOOOOO much better for wheelin.

Really how is that?

brandon

for poop like this...

35384_142760442401203_100000017434059_424215_6488382_n.jpg

i don't know how much wheeling you do or have done, but the seat belts like to lock up all the time and you can't even get a small peek out the window when that happens. with a half door, you can at least get somewhat of a good look out to see what your doing. plus like the others have said, you can see better out of it and its good for hot days (except for the fact that the flat black paint gets HOT on sunny days)

thanks guys. i LOVE the half door, one of the best things i have ever made. SOOOOO much better for wheelin.

Really how is that?

brandon

for poop like this...

i don't know how much wheeling you do or have done, but the seat belts like to lock up all the time and you can't even get a small peek out the window when that happens. with a half door, you can at least get somewhat of a good look out to see what your doing. plus like the others have said, you can see better out of it and its good for hot days (except for the fact that the flat black paint gets HOT on sunny days)

yeah i understand about the seat belt thing even though i don't do much off roading. it seems its only a mod for tho's who do more off roading then street driving. The look has started to grow on me tho :D

Brandon

Really how is that?

brandon

for poop like this...

yeah i understand about the seat belt thing even though i don't do much off roading. it seems its only a mod for tho's who do more off roading then street driving. The look has started to grow on me tho :D

Brandon

It is a great mod for summer driving too... as long as it doesn't rain

I think he only swaps doors for wheeling.

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

great project! whew been thru all 38 pages. i always been think how do that rear bumper with side protector. You read my mind!

half door start grow on me but myself hate get dirt in the truck so does half door is good enough to prevent mud come in the interior while mudding?

great project! whew been thru all 38 pages. i always been think how do that rear bumper with side protector. You read my mind!

half door start grow on me but myself hate get dirt in the truck so does half door is good enough to prevent mud come in the interior while mudding?

Wade doesn't go mudding.

Rob L.

Wade doesn't go mudding.

Rob L.

well i means as during wheeling and splash from some puddle of muds like this pic

yes, dirt does come into the cab on occasion. yes, you have to make sure your head is not out the window when the dirt is flying up (ask me how i know :D ). in all honesty, the only thing i have to do is use the shop-vac to get all the dirt out. its not a big deal.

Lookin good Bossman!

Did you end up folding the steel over on the box where you cut it (to give it some rigidity) or did you just cut it off?

i just cut it. its still strong (enough) but it has some give which i wanted.

yes, dirt does come into the cab on occasion. yes, you have to make sure your head is not out the window when the dirt is flying up (ask me how i know :D ). in all honesty, the only thing i have to do is use the shop-vac to get all the dirt out. its not a big deal.

haha knew it but dirt is alright but mud is not funny since when i bought my mj, preowner left all dust, sand, and mud inside even inside the dash board. i cleaned it up and it still some left in the interior . :ack: *Plus I found out that my floor is already bedlined and covered with nice black carpet :thumbsup:

what are you going to do with them? i can dig them out of the garbage.

I'll only need a small section for the couch... It has no flares... I still need to cut it down a bit, and I am betting that by the time I am done, the little baby flare end that you cut off will cover whats left of the lip.

Rob L.