Project "Eliminator"

Run it. ran the $#!& out of my 30 with 37" mtrs. Just have to be a conscience wheeler and I think you'll be alright.

And if you broke 3 shafts with a welded diff backing out the driveway then you sir cannot drive. You make any hard turns welded in 4wd you are going to bind. I run welded front and rear and stay reasonable and ran 40s and not many issues on a 44 stockshaft and joints.

.never any shafts broken from backing out my driveway even in 4wd. 50 pt turn but no broken shafts

Run it. ran the $#!& out of my 30 with 37" mtrs. Just have to be a conscience wheeler and I think you'll be alright.

And if you broke 3 shafts with a welded diff backing out the driveway then you sir cannot drive. You make any hard turns welded in 4wd you are going to bind. I run welded front and rear and stay reasonable and ran 40s and not many issues on a 44 stockshaft and joints.

.never any shafts broken from backing out my driveway even in 4wd. 50 pt turn but no broken shafts

roger, don't be an idiot. you weren't there. and I wasn't even in 4wd. and that was once. 50 point turn? that's just foolish. welded diffs are the worst idea ever on a front end. I learned from that. wouldn't even put an auto-locker in one. steer axles need selectable lockers, plain and simple, when/if you can afford it.

Will his d30 last? yup. I've seen Wade wheel. he knows how to pick a line. is something going to break if only on simple principle of the matter? eventually.

roger, don't be an idiot. you weren't there. and I wasn't even in 4wd. and that was once. 50 point turn? that's just foolish. welded diffs are the worst idea ever on a front end. I learned from that. wouldn't even put an auto-locker in one. steer axles need selectable lockers, plain and simple, when/if you can afford it.

Will his d30 last? yup. I've seen Wade wheel. he knows how to pick a line. is something going to break if only on simple principle of the matter? eventually.

X2642784747 on a selectable up front, be added in time. For now welded is all I have and will run it till I'm completely pissed at it. Lol

And yeah Wade is a line picker alright. Not sure how he does it and keeps big red so pretty. :D

• 2 weeks later...

got the jeep finally ready for NAXJA Winterfest that is this coming weekend.

bent up some 1-1/4" DOM for a tube fender type look. i will eventually fill the gap between the tube and fender with some sheetmetal but just ran out of time.

i also cut out the rockers and welded in 2"x6"x3/16" tube. i wrapped it around the front fender instead of welding it to it.

haha. you know I'm joking.

It's cool... we don't have the same shade of red anyhow. Still, it's close enough to where I can imagine what my truck would look like come the day it might grow up a little more. A few more dents than mine though. :D

Truck looks good, Wade!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...