Project "Eliminator"

• 2 weeks later...

wow wow wow.

awesome MJ Wade. all the fab work is beautiful. seriously my favorite MJ. not too big, nothing stupid, just real clean and done well.

i just picked a 92' up and this is my #1 inspiration right here.

how is the rear bumper mounted?

wow wow wow.

awesome MJ Wade. all the fab work is beautiful. seriously my favorite MJ. not too big, nothing stupid, just real clean and done well.

thanks man. whats the build date on the driver door?

bumper is mounted with the stock holes on the side of the frame and a bolt on each side on the bottom back of the frame. i can snap some pics if you'd like.

wow wow wow.

thanks man. whats the build date on the driver door?

bumper is mounted with the stock holes on the side of the frame and a bolt on each side on the bottom back of the frame. i can snap some pics if you'd like.

pics would be cool, but don't go out of your way. mine doesnt have rear bumper on there and i want to build something something similar to yours. ive only got an oxy/act setup to weld with though, so i gotta practice some first, only used to welding smaller gauge stuff on bikes.

build date on mine is 10/91. dude i got it from says its an eliminator but I'm waiting on the build sheet from chrysler to confirm, I'm not sure it is. 4.OL HO, 5spd, 4X4, shortbed.

i will snap some pics. OA welding might be tricky with thick metal too. i never tried welding thick stuff with OA but i can imagine its pretty hard to lay a good weld.

OA welding is a little rough on thick metal, especialy if your welding thick to thin. Before you do anything i would take a couple pieces the same size and material of what i was going to weld and practice. then whe you actually go to weld everything keep plenty of vice grips around and a good welding hammer. it also really helps to get a good grinder with a cut off blade on it. if you mess up a weld just smoothe it out and go over it. also make sure you throw heat more toward the thicker metal if necesarry. oh! and of course good glasses are a must, and don't go too dark with the glasses. you need protection but you also need to see. number four or five is acceptable, not 9 or ten :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
i will snap some pics. OA welding might be tricky with thick metal too. i never tried welding thick stuff with OA but i can imagine its pretty hard to lay a good weld.

OA welding is a little rough on thick metal, especialy if your welding thick to thin. Before you do anything i would take a couple pieces the same size and material of what i was going to weld and practice. then whe you actually go to weld everything keep plenty of vice grips around and a good welding hammer. it also really helps to get a good grinder with a cut off blade on it. if you mess up a weld just smoothe it out and go over it. also make sure you throw heat more toward the thicker metal if necesarry. oh! and of course good glasses are a must, and don't go too dark with the glasses. you need protection but you also need to see. number four or five is acceptable, not 9 or ten :thumbsup:

yea definitely gonna practice. got the glasses and stuff.

i figured if they welded battle ships together with gas during wwII then with the right stuff i can pull it off

well looks like a new t-case and t-case skid is in my future...

DON'T buy a transfercase.

I have one for you. don't have a skid, though.

ya i was going to call you about the t-case. i will be making a t-case skid.

What happened?

landing on a rock, rest is history. i don't have any pics of it but others do. i will post them when they do.