Project "Eliminator"

Some guys weld their bumpers up so well that they use them as the tank for their on board air. I've seen it work pretty well too. You planning on doing something like that with this one Wade?

:popcorn:

I don't think he has enough volume in those corners to justify making them into air tanks...

Some guys weld their bumpers up so well that they use them as the tank for their on board air. I've seen it work pretty well too. You planning on doing something like that with this one Wade?

:popcorn:

I don't think he has enough volume in those corners to justify making them into air tanks...

Agreed.

Just something that I kinda thought about as I was looking at the pics...

getting close to done....

everything is fully welded, minus the top caps and angle plates. the d-ring mounts are welded and bolted to the bumper mounts just in case a weld fails, there are still 2 grade 5 bolts holding it.

self explanatory haha

end welded and blended

cap

angle plate

done minus tube, grinding and paint. weight=70lbs bumper, 50lbs winch so after the tube it should be around 130 lbs total.

capped off

back side

some of my welds. I'm no expert but there is solid penetration and they look pretty decent. all the welds will be smoothed though.

Looks really good, now its time to get a little intimate with that bumper and a hi-speed grinder with a flap wheel!! Get rid of all them weld boogers and pretty up any uneven welds/edges. THEN your ready for some primer. THEN go back and correct anything that comes to lite. THEN PAINT...

Don't skimp now, its looking GREAT SO FAR!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CW

Looks really good, now its time to get a little intimate with that bumper and a hi-speed grinder with a flap wheel!! Get rid of all them weld boogers and pretty up any uneven welds/edges. THEN your ready for some primer. THEN go back and correct anything that comes to lite. THEN PAINT...

Don't skimp now, its looking GREAT SO FAR!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CW

yep. i got a whole day of grinding/blending/smoothing ahead of me tomorrow.