Project "Eliminator"

winch plate welded in.

CNC'd bumper mounts. 3 factory bumper holes, 3 steering box holes, 1 tow hook hole. both brackets are the same (easier to make that way) so the driver side will have 7 bolts, and the pass side will have 4 bolts. i think that should be strong enough.

It was in response to Freakjeep's reply which implied you'd need a CNC mill to do something like that, and not a comment on your fab skills or use of tools.

I agree, when you have access to one you may as well use it.

And don't mess your truck up too much off road. I know I beat on mine, but you know what it looked like when I first got it. If mine looked like your's did when I first met you a year and a half ago it would likely never go off road. Heck, even with the damage I saw last time I wouldn't. Did you replace that scratched flare yet?

are you adding plates to the inside of the frame on the passenger side as well?

do you think i should? i had no plans to.

I would say so, may be over kill but why not. On my last jeep I added the outside and inner plates on the passengeside and added crushsleeves to it as well to mimck the the steering box side setup.And it is what I\'m doing to the new jeep as well just to have the added beef and less worrying of failure, not much to to do it as far as time or money so why not?

got a little more work done. the bumper ends will not be sticking out that far, i haven't cut them down yet. its hard to tell what something looks like in a garage so i pulled it outside. i think it looks pretty good. the d-rings are just zip-tied on but that is where they will be. then there will be a hoop that will go over the winch.

Thats going to be a really good looking bumper Wade. Estimated total build cost?

so far, besides the winch plate i bought from harbor freight ($40) and the two d-rings ($10 each) i have been using all scrap metal from either what we have here at home or what my dad has at his shop. all said and done, i don't anticipate having more than $80 into it.