Project "Eliminator"

• 1 month later...

new bumpstop configuration. just adding extensions to the coil bucket did not work. the upper stop passed it up cause of the angle during flex. i split the difference, keeping the lower portion adjustable while adding an aluminum spacer to the upper stop.

finally put my pins on for when the swaybar is disco'd

limiting straps at ride height. was worried about them contacting the d-shaft or tire. The upper arm prevents it from hitting the shaft while the brake lines prevent it from hitting the tire.

• 4 weeks later...

Let me know what you think of that. I made my own cause I just didnt think that these ones looked beefy enough...

Plus - it's not hard to make a new one if you have problems with this one, the clamp is the main thing I needed to make my own.

Hopefully it works fine for you though. image_209027.gif

Let me know what you think of that. I made my own cause I just didnt think that these ones looked beefy enough...

Plus - it's not hard to make a new one if you have problems with this one, the clamp is the main thing I needed to make my own.

Hopefully it works fine for you though. image_209027.gif

well i attempted to put it on tonight. i think its gonna take a while to get this to fit right :mad: . none of the holes are even close. i might cut off the pass side mounting plate and make a new one.

• 1 month later...
no its not. still trying to figure out what went wrong. sucks cause i just replaced that bearing. maybe it was default cause everything was put together correct and it had enough oil in it.

apparently not :shake: So that was the rear? when and where? what the hell details man, details?

no its not. still trying to figure out what went wrong. sucks cause i just replaced that bearing. maybe it was default cause everything was put together correct and it had enough oil in it.

apparently not :shake: So that was the rear? when and where? what the hell details man, details?

yup, driver side axle shaft. driving home from school doing about 60, heard and felt a pretty awesome vibration. turned down country road and got out to look. diff fluid all over my tire and everything else under the truck for that matter. the fluid was actually flowing out of the drum. only had a 3 mile or so drive home so i kept it under 25 the whole way and then pulled the shaft out to find the carnage.

yup, driver side axle shaft. driving home from school doing about 60, heard and felt a pretty awesome vibration. turned down country road and got out to look. diff fluid all over my tire and everything else under the truck for that matter. the fluid was actually flowing out of the drum. only had a 3 mile or so drive home so i kept it under 25 the whole way and then pulled the shaft out to find the carnage.

Kind like my hubs, didn't go untill just driving around on the road, not beating on it offroad :shake: that's DD carnage right there :rotfl2:

If you have a SYE did you raise the diff fill hole to compensate for the extra rotation of the diff. Rotating the pinion up lowers the fill hole. If thats a D44, I have a 3/8" thick cover with a raised fill hole.

:cheers: