BSA's Newest Eagle scout

btm24

As of 19:38 12/8/10 I became an Eagle scout. I passed my board of review with flying colors and will have the stuff back from nationals

within the next few weeks. I turned evey thing in on 11/19/10 (day B4 my b-day). I am super glad that i earned this rank and am sure that if any body is an Eagle scout or knows some one who is, you understand just how hard it is to get. In 100 years of scouts in the U.S. Only 2 million people have ever received Eagle which works out to be about 2% of all scouts earn the rank. Just thought it was a nice thing to share :chillin:

Brandon

I was in the Boyscouts, went to the national jamboree in D.C., went on a boundary waters trip... Learned TONS of valuable life lessons. Many of which I use today, and would rely on in times of need. Unfortunately, I only made it to life before buying my first car. Once I got that baby it was over with, and I lost track/attention of the scouts.

The first car you ask?

22263_100171090020387_100000824882082_1744_2208676_n.jpg

An '86 MJ.

So... Basically, although I didn't make it to Eagle, I made it to moderator.

Rob L. :D

Ya I made it to Life scout and then stopped there.

One away? Why'd you stop?

I was 16 when I got mine, my brother and I shared a ceremony.

It got real weird for me around 8th grade. We had a couple of guys, and one in particular, that wanted to run it like a pseudo-militaristic organization. Got to the point where interacting with those guys and some of the parents was not fun.

Basically those guys were WAY too serious and sucked the fun out of it. I can only imagine what a joyless, annoying(to other people around them) existence they live now. Those guys were destined for two things - being cannon fodder, or an a$$hole law enforcement officer(not saying all LEO's are that way).

Plus I just kinda rolled through the ranks like "why not" I was the first guy out of all of my friends that joined the troop from cub scouts to get any rank other than tenderfoot, and then when they started to move onto second class scout I moved up to first etc. Just kinda stayed ahead of the curve and went for it. Served as quartermaster for all our crap for a year or two also.

It was fun for awhile, but me and militaristic higher-ups don't mix well, I'm WAY too egalitarian for that.

I received mine in 1982, welcome to the club. jamminz.gif :bowdown: The % is actually less then the % that pass special forces or seal training. :bowdown: And on a historical note the reason that the first lunar lander was called EAGLE is that all three astronauts on the mission are Eagle Scouts

As of 19:38 12/8/10 I became an Eagle scout. I passed my board of review with flying colors and will have the stuff back from nationals

within the next few weeks. I turned evey thing in on 11/19/10 (day B4 my b-day). I am super glad that i earned this rank and am sure that if any body is an Eagle scout or knows some one who is, you understand just how hard it is to get. In 100 years of scouts in the U.S. Only 2 million people have ever received Eagle which works out to be about 2% of all scouts earn the rank. Just thought it was a nice thing to share :chillin:

Brandon

Congratulations. Are you going for your palms?

Congratulations!! That is a real accomplishment. I would have stayed in longer but our Scout Master was kinda nutty with the NRA course and started doing things that were fairly dangerous. I wish now that I had stuck it out. Sounds like there should be a Comanche Badge! comanche.gif

Congrats btm24 -- welcome to the frat to end all frats. :jump:

received mine in 1970 and our son received his in 1999. spent time on the eagle board of review at the council level. had to stand down for his.

don't forget to list it on job apps and resumes (when the time comes), big ticket colleges love stuff like that.

look into NESA (national eagle scout assoc)

:jump: :jump: :jump:

:thumbsup:

Awesome achievement, congratulations!

(on a small side note, did you get a return congratulatory letter from President Obama? my buddy's son got Eagle last year, and did not. :( )

Sry to here that but that is what most do

Thats a cool story.

isn't that like boy scout stuff? never did it...never saw a reason to, and surely wouldn't have done it past 8th grade...

edit: that came off wrong. I don't understand it at all.

Thanks?

Eagle Scout since 2003. Welcome :wavey: Awhile back, there was a topic about Eagle Scouts and there's quite a few of us on here, higher than you would expect given the national statistics.

Thanks and thats good to know.

I was in the Boyscouts, went to the national jamboree in D.C., went on a boundary waters trip... Learned TONS of valuable life lessons. Many of which I use today, and would rely on in times of need. Unfortunately, I only made it to life before buying my first car. Once I got that baby it was over with, and I lost track/attention of the scouts.

The first car you ask?

An '86 MJ.

So... Basically, although I didn't make it to Eagle, I made it to moderator.

Rob L. :D

yeah thats as my scout master used to say, the three fumes of high school, Car fumes, perfumes, and sport fumes. I think I messed that one up lol but you get the point. Thanks

Welcome to the club! :bowdown:

Thank you

Was in the girl scouts for 3 years before some rat squealed on me.

Congrats BTM.

Well thats no good :fs2: lol Thanks

Was in the girl scouts for 3 years before some rat squealed on me.

Congrats BTM.

They don't like it when you eat the brownies.

Rob L.

The Brownies did. :rotf:

Thats just bad

It got real weird for me around 8th grade. We had a couple of guys, and one in particular, that wanted to run it like a pseudo-militaristic organization. Got to the point where interacting with those guys and some of the parents was not fun.

Basically those guys were WAY too serious and sucked the fun out of it. I can only imagine what a joyless, annoying(to other people around them) existence they live now. Those guys were destined for two things - being cannon fodder, or an a$$hole law enforcement officer(not saying all LEO's are that way).

Plus I just kinda rolled through the ranks like "why not" I was the first guy out of all of my friends that joined the troop from cub scouts to get any rank other than tenderfoot, and then when they started to move onto second class scout I moved up to first etc. Just kinda stayed ahead of the curve and went for it. Served as quartermaster for all our crap for a year or two also.

It was fun for awhile, but me and militaristic higher-ups don't mix well, I'm WAY too egalitarian for that.

I'm really sorry to here that.

I received mine in 1982, welcome to the club. jamminz.gif :bowdown: The % is actually less then the % that pass special forces or seal training. :bowdown: And on a historical note the reason that the first lunar lander was called EAGLE is that all three astronauts on the mission are Eagle Scouts

Yeah I have known that for years I also tell them both all the time lol Thank you

Brandon

Congratulations. Are you going for your palms?

Thanks! and I'm 18 now I'm an assistant scoutmaster now.

Congratulations, an accomplishment to be proud of for sure. :cheers:

Thank you

Congratulations!! That is a real accomplishment. I would have stayed in longer but our Scout Master was kinda nutty with the NRA course and started doing things that were fairly dangerous. I wish now that I had stuck it out. Sounds like there should be a Comanche Badge! comanche.gif

That sure would be cool! and thanks

Congrats btm24 -- welcome to the frat to end all frats. :jump:

received mine in 1970 and our son received his in 1999. spent time on the eagle board of review at the council level. had to stand down for his.

don't forget to list it on job apps and resumes (when the time comes), big ticket colleges love stuff like that.

look into NESA (national eagle scout assoc)

:jump: :jump: :jump:

Done lol Thank you

:thumbsup:

Awesome achievement, congratulations!

(on a small side note, did you get a return congratulatory letter from President Obama? my buddy's son got Eagle last year, and did not. :( )

No I did not but I might get it when I get every thing else. I just wish I could have had one from when Bush was still there but thats a diff story lol Thank you

Brandon

congrats...a well deserved honor :cheers:

like some others, I made it to Life (joined late, missed the cutoff age for eagle) but enjoyed the heck out of BSA. Got all caught up in OA too, loved it all.....then went in the Army.

Good times :thumbsup:

Jeff

congrats...a well deserved honor :cheers:

like some others, I made it to Life (joined late, missed the cutoff age for eagle) but enjoyed the heck out of BSA. Got all caught up in OA too, loved it all.....then went in the Army.

Good times :thumbsup:

Jeff

yeah OA is fun to just never did the brother hood thing. Ill get around to it :shake: thanks

and this is one cool thkng about gettig it this year(BSA 100th year) is that I get this: :D

&t=1&usg=AFrqEzfcUBy-bouIAeRcR__E6B3YvyX0CQ

Brandon

&t=1&usg=AFrqEzfcUBy-bouIAeRcR__E6B3YvyX0CQ

Brandon, You're so lucky. I wish mine had that 2010 stuff on there, what a great deal. Congrats & welcome to the club.

I got mine in 2000, I hope to someday get heavily involved with Scouting again, I would love to be a Scoutmaster if everything works out that way.

Some of my favorite memories from scouting are the Atikokan Northern Tier canoe trip with all my friends and the Philmont hiking trip with my Dad.

Atikokan

n6603948_30610380_7828.jpg

Philmont, Dad and I are on the upper left.

n6603948_30610389_6428.jpg

Congrats Again, - Brent

Yea, way to go!

I quit in cub scouts. My dad had me learning the accordion 'cuz he had dreams of me being on Lawrence Welk (some of you young guys may need to google him after saying "whose he?") but I hated it as said I wasn't gonna play any more and he said "if you quit no more cub scouts"! That was it.

Congrats! It takes a lot of hard work and dedication. :thumbsup:

Trying to get my oldest to finish his, he's 15 and a life, but lost interest in scouting about the middle of his freshman year, it's hard when you get to high school, sports really start to get in the way. Anyway, hope I can convince him to start scouts again before he get to old to finish.

You've done a great thing and all of us old scouts are proud of you.