BSA's Newest Eagle scout

btm24

• 1 month later...

Ok well I got this for my truck the other day:

With all of the things ive done to my truck I think that was my favorite mod.

I still have not had a court of honor :( I don't even a date set for it yet but ill get pic's of that up when It happens. Also here’s a pic of the patch and card I got

:D

Brandon

Congratulations! My son made it last year...first in his troop. I ran into one of the 'fumes' and fell out of scouts chasing skirt......but did go back as an assistant scout leader for him.

I'm proud of him, and you too. :clapping:

I actually have a court of honor to attend in another month. One of my Cubs has already finished his Eagle. It's only two years since he crossed over.

Omg how?

How did you get that decal? I need a few of them!

I got mine from the scout gulf ridge council store. I'm not sure if every council sells them but here's a link where you can get them at http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=NEW&c3=&c4=&lv=2&item=34247

Thanks ya'll!!!

Brandon

Congrats!!! I'm a second gen Eagle myself. I had a bit of a tough time finishing mine up. I plowed through everything up to Life a little after my 16th birthday but somewhere in there I moved to the Las Vegas area with my parents and it went kind of down hill from there. The Troop I was with in Southern California was incredible. Tons of events (camping or hiking once a month at least) and awesome support from the families involved. The Troop in Vegas was a little worse for wear. Went camping or hiking once or twice a year at most. Not many parents involved. My parents and I tried desperately hard to pick things up and boost attendance to no avail. The Scout Master and his group even asked my parents to leave them alone at one point! They were trying to help and give ideas for the Troop to make money on fundraisers and going to events and such but they wanted no part in it. I was SPL 2 or 3 times in 2 years because no one else would do it.

I got to the point were I was barely interested in scouting anymore. My parents were an awesome support for me and I finally got my butt in gear and got my Eagle barely before my 18th bday. Actually, IRC it was a little after because of a massive delay in my project. The project was building a soft ball field on the property behind the Church we went to. There was construction going on near the property and some massive bull dozers drove right through the middle of the field, forcing us to nearly start over. It was obvious that they shouldn't have been driving there but they did anyways. Anyhow, it got done and was great!

Congrats again, it's a huge accomplishment!

I was SPL 2 or 3 times in 2 years because no one else would do it.

I know THAT feeling...

There was construction going on near the property and some massive bull dozers drove right through the middle of the field, forcing us to nearly start over.

WOW. Way to persevere!

WOW. Way to persevere!

Yea, thanks! It was heartbreaking to say the least. Luckily, due to the environment out there, we weren't working with grass, but all the grating and dozing we did on our own we ruined, all the "special" infield dirt was displaced and mixed with hard pack yada yada yada. It all ended up working out well though, everyone who volunteered their time was more than happy to help out even more to get it cleaned back up.

The dozers nearly took out the backstop we built too. There were tracks less than a foot away from it. That would have made the whole things even worse, that's for sure.

Brandon, what did you do for your Project if you don't mind me asking?

Wow yours sounds like it was a hassle to get done but I'm glad you did it! i restored two basketball courts in town that have been rotting away For the past 30 years. When I 1st got started I thought It was going to be kinda easy... 150 man Hr's from then I realized it was it was nothing what I thought it was going to be. I pressure washed the 2 courts (that took most of the time) re painted the lines, which took alot of work because after washing the courts I had to look up where the lines had to be because 90% of them just washed away. Then I filled in the cracks in the courts and picked up some trash and what not. It may sound like alot and if I had not of waited until the last minute I would have done more but man was that a bunch of work :eek: Here are a FEW pic's of before and after:

I had 100's of pic's but that would take for ever to upload lol I'm really glad I did what I did because since I did finish the two courts I have seen 3 or more times as many people out there using the old courts and they look brand new! Even If i didnt get my Eagle I would have never regretted doing all that work. I enjoyed it and learned alot.

Brandon

Good job. It'll always be a feather in your cap in all your future resumes. If I were to interview two equally qualified job seekers but one was an Eagle Scout he would get the job.

And this exact thing has helped me many times. It looks great for younger guys who don't have a ton of experience in the work place to show that they have great potential.

It seems, the older I get (considering I became an Eagle more than 11 years ago), the let it plays less of a part in the interviewing process, but it's always an extra recognizable achievement. Though that might be more because of the rest of the resume being more prevalent for the specific job as I am making a carrier out of what I do.

• 1 month later...

Ok So I had my Eagle court of honer Saterday. There were not as many people as I wanted there to be, due to it being a bad day to have it on (end of spring brake). But It was still one of the greatest moments Ive ever had. It would take an hr + to link all of the pics up so here's the link to them. Ill have more when I get them from other people. Enjoy

Brandon

Congrats Brandon !!

I have two sons, both Eagles.

As you can see by my photo, I spend a good bit of time in uniform myself.

I am currently the Order of the Arrow Lodge Advisor for Tutelo Lodge # 161

Earning the rank of Eagle is a proud moment, but you will only really begin to

understand the importance of your achievement in the years to come.

Congrats again !!!

As a fellow 2%'er, welcome!

...so, this makes some interesting statistics.

If only 2% of all Scouts make Eagle...

What % of Eagle Scouts are Comanche owners, and what % of Comanche owners are Eagle Scouts?

:dunno:

And Comanche Country is right, ALWAYS list Eagle Scout on your resume. It helped with landing my current job, because half the people who interviewed me were former Scouts or Scoutmasters.

Congrats!!! I'm a second gen Eagle myself. I had a bit of a tough time finishing mine up. I plowed through everything up to Life a little after my 16th birthday but somewhere in there I moved to the Las Vegas area with my parents and it went kind of down hill from there. The Troop I was with in Southern California was incredible. Tons of events (camping or hiking once a month at least) and awesome support from the families involved. The Troop in Vegas was a little worse for wear. Went camping or hiking once or twice a year at most. Not many parents involved. My parents and I tried desperately hard to pick things up and boost attendance to no avail. The Scout Master and his group even asked my parents to leave them alone at one point! They were trying to help and give ideas for the Troop to make money on fundraisers and going to events and such but they wanted no part in it. I was SPL 2 or 3 times in 2 years because no one else would do it.

I got to the point were I was barely interested in scouting anymore. My parents were an awesome support for me and I finally got my butt in gear and got my Eagle barely before my 18th bday. Actually, IRC it was a little after because of a massive delay in my project. The project was building a soft ball field on the property behind the Church we went to. There was construction going on near the property and some massive bull dozers drove right through the middle of the field, forcing us to nearly start over. It was obvious that they shouldn't have been driving there but they did anyways. Anyhow, it got done and was great!

Congrats again, it's a huge accomplishment!

thanks kid -- always tried to be there for you and your sister --

Brandon -- great project !!!! jamminz.gif

i think i made it weblos or something like that. the program just stopped suddenly at the school i was going to for some reason. i still have my pinewood dirby car somewhere. That was 12 or 13 years ago! Wow time flies.

same story here

little late for the celebration, but congrats