• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's running pretty good,i swapped the 19lb injectors for some 24s so AFRs seem to be happy under boost now.

I tried some 30s but they were too much at idle,the 24s seem to be as big as the stock ECM can handle.

I'm curious to see what it can do on a dyno too.

I used to have dyno runs done once or twice a year after i started modding my basic 4.6L crate stroker. It really helped to see what effect the changes you have done affects performance and reliability. Most all the changes helped, but some not so much. I thought it was a good investment and a valuable tool. Sooner or later you should do it just to establish a baseline. There's not much data out there I'm aware of available for the 2.5 like there is for 4.0 strokers. What you are doing I think is very cool mate.  :cheers:

Your dedication to the little 2.5L is admirable mnkyboy :thumbsup: I'm not typically a 4-banger kind of guy but even I have to admit that thing sounds mean as hell and it sure looks like it goes like hell too. I'd love to see what kind of numbers you're getting out of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Haven't posted in a while, i messed up my knee so i haven't done much with the MJ lately.

I have been gathering some parts, i have parts to build a sector shaft support for the steering box, a new header to replace the one that cracked,a new larger PS cooler, an adjustible FMU, and a much smaller pulley for the supercharger so it will be getting a big increase in boost.

Hopefully i can get on these projects here soon.

• 4 months later...

I have some supercharger questions. How did you plumb the air/water cooler and radiator? Where did  you get the one you show? What did you use for a pump? How did you hook up the oil supply and return? What boost are you running? Are you retarding timing under boost? No additional fuel?

Thanks,
bslaws

The water/air system has a 4 gal icebox/reservoir in the bed, a 12v pump moves the water through copper pipes under the truck to further dissipate heat before it goes through a bar & plate style heat exchanger in the grill then through the Laminova intercooler.

The pump is a clone of a Bosch style 12v pump for a water air set up that's used on a few OEM systems.

I bought the supercharger and intercooler used and adapted them to my engine, Avenger superchargers use to sell the same set up in their TJ kit but it's not available anymore.

The supercharger gets oiled like a turbo, it has a feed line coming off the oil pressure sending unit and a drain to the oil pan, it also could have been set up self contained like many OEM superchargers.

In all the videos you saw on You Tube the boost was at 3psi, i have a pulley to bump it to around 10psi but I haven't put it on yet.

Currently it has MPFI with 24lb injectors and a MAP adjuster, i also have an adjustable FMU but i haven't got it set up yet.

I monitor AFR with a wideband and so far it's happy at low boost.

I currently have nothing to pull timing, eventually i might do something but so far it hasn't been an issue,

• mnkyboy changed the title to Mnkyboys 89 Comanche project