• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Yesterday i was using the MJ to move some rigs around ar my brothers place,it's nice having the MJ working again.

I also finally took it out on the road,it has a little death wobble but I'm pretty sure that it's just an alingment issue so it should be an easy fix. Otherwise it drives pretty well and the 2.5l is making pretty good power,it pulls you back in the seat a little which is pretty good for any Jeep turning 37s.

• 2 weeks later...

I rebuilt the coilovers last week,they were in rough shape but a few minutes on poly performance's site had me all fixed up. Looks like i could build a new set just from replacement parts if i wanted to.

I put them on and charged them on Monday,i also buttoned up a few other things and set the alignment.

It drives much better now and the wobble appears to be gone.

Finally got around to building a new trans tunnel to cover everything after the tummy tuck.

I also fixed some rust areas in the floor and got all the lights working,i got tags for it Saturday so hopefully soon i can drive it around.

I mocked up the interior to check fitment with the larger tunnel,everything fits so i just need to screw it all down.

Drove the truck to work today. it drove very well,cruising 65mph with one hand on the wheel the whole way.

The drive home was going good up until i got stuck in traffic and the clutch quit releasing,i felt it getting worse and worse and eventually it got stuck and stayed that way.

After letting it sit awhile it was fine the rest of the way home.

Otherwise i would say it was a good test run.

So yesterday day after the clutch incident the starter sounded odd,last night i tried to start it and the starter would just spin.

This morning i pulled the starter and found carnage,apparently the squirrels of fury was to much for it.

Flywheel and the starter gear look fine,just the clutch in the starter came apart. It just freewheels when i turn the key.

It's strange,it had been working fine up till it failed and the starter wasn't all that old,i replaced it just before i took the truck apart.

Only crappy thing is that the starter is modified to fit with the inertia ring so now i have to either move the nose cone to a new starter or modify

the new starter.

Still minor issues so it is what it is,i figured some stuff would pop up after such a big build.

I needed to drag some cars around at my brothers place so i decided to take the MJ,it's a 2hr drive round trip (about 110 miles) and the MJ performed great.

I am still having issues with the clutch slave getting sticky when it gets hot,it's better than it was and never locked up like it did before,i think i need to see if i can bleed more of the old fluid out of it.

If that doesn't take care of it I'm going to get a new clutch hydraulic set up and replace everything,currently I'm using a used set up from a YJ.

• mnkyboy changed the title to Mnkyboys 89 Comanche project