• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the crossmember for the doubler built so now the drivetrain can hold itself in, it will be nice to have the supports out of my way.

The crossmember will need some more work but for now it will locate the drivetrain so the suspension can go in.

Here's how the MJs belly area will look.

Been spreading the word about your shop to the local jeep community, hope to drum you up some business! I'd also like to come get some tube bent from you. to make a roof rack, and bed rack eventually. after I finish spending money on my lift/brake/steering/axle/98 cherokee swap finished..

hey already up 3-4 likes :P

Today I dug out my axles, I welded the tubes on the front axle, added a bridge over the diff which will become a truss and put on the lower control arm mounts, coil buckets, and shock mounts.

I'm also leaning towards going with my original plan and running my rear FF D60,it's probably going to be strong enough for my set up and I already have the perch/swap kit for it and the disk brake brackets.

Here is the old D44 compared to my full width D60, the over all width of the D60 is actually narrower then my D44.

Here is the D30 and the full width 3/4ton D44, this is right before I wheeled it into the shop, I forgot to snap a pic of the D44 after I added brackets to it.

Yes it's a factory MJ D44 it has Stock SUA perches as well as anti wrap SOA perches, it has D30 vented disc brakes and 4.88 gears.

Other then the housing and shafts everything in the axle is new and probably has less than 1000 miles on it, I also have a spare shaft for it that also has new bearings on it. It currently has a Spartan locker in it which is also new but I have a LSD for it.

The front axle is a late model XJ D30 that was built at the same time as the D44, it has a truss, beefed up mounts,4.88s, Spartan locker, and i have two spare big joint shafts for it.

The trans mount will eventually be tied into the crossmember I just haven't done it yet, currently only the doubler is hooked to the crossmember.

The engine and doubler have poly mounts so I will probably get rid of the stock rubber trans mount and make a new mount for it.

My phone is acting up so not much for pics, I finished making and installing the rest of the axle mounts and the frame side lower mounts. For now I have a temporary Y link in place of the upper to hold everything while I make the upper mount and install the upper control arm.

Here's a pic of the lowers I made today.

Here's a couple pics of it mocked up at ride height with a 37X12.50, in the pics the truck is sitting on its own springs.

one shows how much the tires will stick out with the wider axle, it really isn't a whole lot more then how it was with the D30 and the 3.75" BS wheels that were on it.

I still need to decide what to do with the axles,I may take the axles, suspension, and 33s and put it all in my XJ.

With what used axles are worth vs what I have into them I may be better off keeping them.

Maybe, I haven't made it the last couple years. I went to the "Don't fear the Jeeper show" both years then they changed it to no roads required at Fast Specialtys, I haven't been to it since they moved it to PIR.

Right now the goal is NAXJA NWfest in June.

• mnkyboy changed the title to Mnkyboys 89 Comanche project