• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are cut pretty far, you just can't tell with the rustys flairs on it.

Its getting tube flairs so I will probably cut some more, I might even make new fenders all together.

The goal is to not go any higher with the lift.

I know exactly what you mean about not going any higher.... my SOA in the rear netted me 5.5 and to get the rake out I went to 7 up front...... I would give anything go get down to 4.5 in the rear and 5 up front but without going to a flat XJ spring I gotta stay where I'm at.  My plan is to run these tires to half tread....sell them off and hang a set of 38 sx's on it... then add a little more bumpstop and leave it where it is.

• 1 month later...

Apparently Santa shops at Ruff Stuff, I got some new goodies for the MJ.

I've also decided that I'm gonna stick with the 2.5l for now and focus on other parts of the truck. I kinda like the little 2.5l and I can always swap engines later.

• 2 weeks later...

Where are you at? I've got a few 2.5ls and some ax4/5s laying around the shop.

Update. Worked out the credit card a little and have some boxes in the mail, hopefully I can get the new axles under the truck here soon.

That's not too far, I used to live off Sunnyside. I work in Portland off airport way.

We are currently building two 2.5l YJs at my shop in Kalama, both are getting complete drivetrain swaps so there's all kinds of parts.

So your have or going to have two 2.5ls how about the  trans and t-cases (auto, Manuel, what t-cases)? I'd like to find a complete set up for swap for easiabilty of installation. I live off Johnson Creek, you would have been a few miles away, dang. Oh and the tube work on that Samauri with the tube fenders with sheet on top, that makes such a  super clean look once the paint was on, I think I'd like to eventually copy that or just have you guys hook me up.

The Sami may have been a lot of work but that thing was a beauty.

Yes defiantly something wrong with my current set up... what that might be technically, idk for sure. The main reason I'm wanting a complete set up for swap is to completely rebuild it and swap mine out for it then rebuild mine and keep as my back up set up.

Plus i'm currently finishing my community college Automotive program, i got about a full year of school left and would love to add full drivetrain swap to the ever growing list of things I have done automotive related.

Well I got the ax-5 under mine not too sure about auto to stick. Also really like having the stick, especially with the 2.5 makes for a real nice set up and good MPGs. I was getting 22-24 during my time as a transporter it was real sweet. I'd sure take that ax-15 off your hands  :brows: if you decided to stay auto, Thank you too.

I have an AX4 which is a 4spd manual, basically an AX5 minus 5th gear. AW4 is the auto.

I can keep an eye out for another AX15, I come across them for cheap from time to time, a few months ago we had 3 or 4 of them sitting in the shop.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning to do a MPFI conversion when I put in the cam, from what I've read the MPFI computer should be ok with it. I also got an adjustable MAP sensor with it in case it needs some tuning.

The cam is a Mopar performance stage 3 "purple" cam, I got it from a friend who found it NOS somewhere. I don't think they are available anymore.

The header is a pace setter I got off a YJ.

Hopefully everything combined will wake up the little 2.5 a bit, I'm also putting in 5.38 gears which should help too.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my perches yesterday, I'm pretty close to being able to get the axles under the truck.

I also bought some stuff to freshen up the engine when I put the new cam in it and have been working on figuring out the MPI swap. I should be able to run the engine stand alone so I'm gonna leave most of my stock wiring intact, should simplify things.

• 1 month later...

Originally I pulled the pump setup off a 2.5l XJ and and used the steering box out of a 4.0l XJ. Later on I swapped the pump for a 4.0l pump. Everything was bolt on, all I had to do was change the depth on the pulley.

• mnkyboy changed the title to Mnkyboys 89 Comanche project