• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, it has changed a lot from the stock MJ I brought home originally.

The entire time I had the RRO lift I don't think I ever took the sway bar links off.the stock arms were about maxxed out so I figured I was better off just leaving the links hooked up.

The MJ was overheating on me the other day, turns out the used 4.0l radiator I just put in blew a hole in the core. So ive got a brand new one on its way. The good news is my electric fan set up is working flawlessly.

The new radiator came in yesterday and I installed it today, the trucks running nice and cool now.

What rear spring u running and do u know how much space there is from the edge of the bed to the shackle mount bc I was thinkin of cutting 10-11 inches off

They are stock 4x4 springs, you should come to the meet and greet at my shop then you can look at it in person.

There is a link with info in the nw section.

How are the 35s with the 4.88 gears? I have the same drivetrain, (2.5l, AX4, 4.88 gears), and want to go with 35s.

Ive got 33s on mine. On road they feel like a little too much gear, offroad I sometimes wish I had more gear. On the freeway I could use a 5th gear. I can't wait to get my AX15swapped in.

I think 35s would drive fine with 4.88s.according to the gearing charts 37s would be close to stock ratio so once you compensate for drag and the weight of the bigger tires which the charts don't account for I think 35s would be the ideal tire size.

Ive got 33s on mine. On road they feel like a little too much gear, offroad I sometimes wish I had more gear. On the freeway I could use a 5th gear. I can't wait to get my AX15swapped in.

I think 35s would drive fine with 4.88s.according to the gearing charts 37s would be close to stock ratio so once you compensate for drag and the weight of the bigger tires which the charts don't account for I think 35s would be the ideal tire size.

Thanks, I thought I read you were running 35s in an earlier post. I plan to run a doubler so off- road I should be low enough.

So last weekend I got a 23spline 231 for my AX15 swap, I also picked up a SYE and a GM 231 to rob the 6 pinion planetary and thick chain.

The guy I got the GM case from also offered to sell me a 4.3l, ecu, and wiring for cheap. I'm thinking rather then adapt my AX15 to the 2.5l I might just adapt it to a 4.3l instead.

The guy I got the GM case from also offered to sell me a 4.3l, ecu, and wiring for cheap. I'm thinking rather then adapt my AX15 to the 2.5l I might just adapt it to a 4.3l instead.

I like the sound of that....although I'm sure it will be a crapload of work. :wrench:

Willy

Wouldnt be that bad if I had a money tree, looks like most of the parts are available to make it pretty easy.

But since I don't have a money tree your right it will probably be a crapload of work.

Don't let that stop you. I'd love to see it.

Willy

Ive found the swap done in XJs, it doesnt seem too bad. Most of the complications will be my choice, most people swap in the 700r4 with it but I want to use the AX15 so I have to adapt it and work out the clutch but other wise it shouldnt be bad.

Cool, I am doing the 4.3 swap in my '86 next summer, once the TJ is back on the road.  I got hold of a complete 1994 S-10 Blazer for $300 which has a 200hp Vortec 4.3. I am keeping the 4L60E and will grab a NP231C from an 89 Jimmy also sitting in my back yard.

• mnkyboy changed the title to Mnkyboys 89 Comanche project