It will take 5.38s which is whats going in the front axle, lockers and such from what Ive seen really aren't that much more.

Once you figure that the D60 will need a shaft upgrade and the Sterling won't need one cost really doesnt matter.

The price of D60 35 splines will easily make up any difference in parts cost.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The D60 may be ok but the tiny stock shafts bother me,I'm gonna have to spend a bit of money to make the front D44 live so I would rather put something beefy in the rear and not worry about it.

We will have to see what goes under it, ive got the D60 and 2 Sterlings sitting at the shop.

Found some time Sunday and decided to build my t case so I pulled out my 231 collection and went to work.

I also picked this SYE kit up from a buddy, he sold his XJ and gave me a great deal on it.

One of those 231s is a 231c with the 6 pinion planetary and wider chain, I pulled them out to swap into my 231J for a strength upgrade since the t case will be behind a crawl box.

After swapping in all the 231c guts and a SYE kit here is my new 231j steroid edition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I drug the MJ into the shop today, I made the last fuel line then buttoned up some other stuff.

I found out that a stock starter doesn't fit with my inertia ring so after some modification I got the starter in and the engine cranking,i had hoped to get it to fire today but it turns out that my fuel pump decided that it doesn't want to be a pump anymore.

I also started building some frame stiffeners.

Well it lives and it sounds mean, if the interia ring is slowing it down you would never know. Makes my 4.0l XJ seem like its revving in slow motion, now I'm itching to drive it.

Sure don't act like an old TBI 2.5l anymore.

I can't wait to drive it and see what the 2.5l can do.

Today I finished plating both frame rails up front,having to build each section is taking awhile but its coming along.

Next I will plate the main frame at least as far as the crossmember so I can add the new link mounts, I haven't decided how far back I'm going to go but the main thing now is to get the front axle in.

Todays progress.

I have a couple hundred feet of DOM sitting in the shop for the cage, the plan is to go exo over the cab then probably go hybrid from there.

I plan to leave the truck at its current lift height so I'm waiting on the cage till after I get the new tires under it and see how much cutting I need to do.

• mnkyboy changed the title to Mnkyboys 89 Comanche project