• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've driven the truck a little bit and it scoots along pretty good.

I still need to set up the wide band o2& boost gauges and water/air intercooler before i can really play with it.

I ordered a 4 gal ice box to mount in the bed and a pump,just have to decide on a heat exchanger then i can set up the intercooler,the wide band and boost gauges are mounted in a pillar mount and just need wired up.

I believe mine is 6lbs with the current pulley.

Hopefully i can get the gauge wired up soon and find out for sure.

Most people don't end up cutting the hood,most I've seen mount the SC on the passenger side and set it lower. My biggest issue is that i have the water/air intercooler sandwiched in there making my set up really tall.

That sideways mounted SC kit looks pretty cool,i bet it would look great under your hood.

How much boost do you think will happen when everything's hooked up and tuned? Maybe 5-6 psi?

I'm looking at THIS kit - no hood cutting. And only $3K.  :ack:  The wife will kill me, but that's nothing new.   :yes:

I'm skeptical of that 4-6 hour install time, but i'm also not the worlds most competent tech so heh, still a cool looking kit though. 

How much boost do you think will happen when everything's hooked up and tuned? Maybe 5-6 psi?

I'm looking at THIS kit - no hood cutting. And only $3K.  :ack:  The wife will kill me, but that's nothing new.   :yes:

I'm skeptical of that 4-6 hour install time, but i'm also not the worlds most competent tech so heh, still a cool looking kit though.

Yep, I think it could easily double that time, especially since for the side mount you have to pull the intake manifold and hardwire the controller into the ECU harness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • mnkyboy changed the title to Mnkyboys 89 Comanche project