They can spin fast, they just aren't DOT approved because of how they hold the bead in place.

A failure is unlikely but if they ever did come apart on the road it could be catastrophic since the tire can come completely off the wheel.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, mnkyboy said:

They can spin fast, they just aren't DOT approved because of how they hold the bead in place.

A failure is unlikely but if they ever did come apart on the road it could be catastrophic since the tire can come completely off the wheel.

oh that makes much more sense. can't wait to see them bolted up :beerbang:

Got the bed mostly cleaned out and set the fuel cell in.

I think by the time it's done, pretty much everything that was back there will be relocated.

I also think the bed is gonna get coated with something, it's not looking so great.

20210214_152710.jpg

Not much of an update but, I finished cleaning out the bed then removed the ice box/reservoir and gas can mount.

Now I just need to pull the battery box but I will have to get my son to help with that.

I ordered some raptor liner today to coat the bed, I also want to recoat the interior before the roll cage goes in.

I love the Raptor liner in my truck. It's done its fair share of truck stuff (hauling wood, golf clubs, band equipment, and 2 sets of GTO doors) and it still looks very good, it has a couple of scuffs from being used, but when you consider what I have hauled, I think that it looks excellent still.

I'm sure it would be fine on the interior, but it does seem to be a little slippery, it doesn't seem to have the same traction that the paint had. I wouldn't say its slippery to a point that you wouldn't want to stand in it and you don't even ever worry about falling, you will just notice that the traction isn't quite the same.

Jeeps are never really done, it has been a long project.

I got one wheel swapped over last night, they are gonna look pretty good on the truck, although side by side they are very similar to my old Hummer H2 wheels.

All of my torque wrenches are at work so I still need to torque it before I can air it up and see how it looks on the truck.

20210220_215808.jpg

20210220_215850.jpg

I got all the tires broke down, I had planned to run down to a local Jeep shop and borrow their tire machine, but I just haven't been able to get down there. 

After knocking down one tire by hand last night I decided that my son needed to learn a new skill,so today we tackled the rest of them.

Now I just need to assemble the rest of the bead locks and put on the new rear calipers, then I can mount the wheels up and see how it looks.