• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I removed the batteries and dropped the fuel tank.

I cut out the bulges in the bed above where the fuel fill tube sits then patched it up, now the ice box/reservoir can sit directly on the bed floor, then prepped the bed and shot the raptor liner.

20210306_154955.jpg

20210306_213407.jpg

20210306_213423.jpg

20210306_213433.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

so how come this is useful? not a criticism genuine question

it gives you the ability to control the gas while your feet are on the brake and clutch, useful when crawling

1 hour ago, MiNi Beast said:

oh nice. how you connect it on throttle body? use a tranny cable ? 

I 3D printed an adapter to use an open slot in the stock bracket, the throttle is a mountain bike friction shifter so it uses a bicycle cable.

20210403_204218.jpg

20210403_204224.jpg

42 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

so how come this is useful? not a criticism genuine question

It frees up a foot which is especially handy in a manual transmission rig, I also have a hydraulic hand brake giving me even more options when multitasking on the trail.

The hand throttle can be set to operate like a thumb throttle on a quad or it can be set to lock at a specific rpm.

It's definitely not a necessity, but it cost about $20 to put one together.

Besides the normal advantages of a hand throttle, my main thinking was my screwed up knee, it can get pretty uncomfortable on long drives so I figure it would be nice to be able to give it a break on the trail.

I want to start driving the truck more and hit some trails again, so anything that might help is worth a shot.

Not much of an update but, I got the battery box bolted back down and I added a power disconnect.

I thought about changing up the battery arrangement but decided to just leave them for now.

I also installed a fuel gauge for the fuel cell.

20210410_174001.jpg

20210410_174012.jpg

20210410_174526.jpg

Since I was in there doing the fuel gauge, I decided to hook up the stereo.

I disconnected it in 2014 when I did the MPFI harness swap and never got around to hooking it up again, it has just been filling a hole in the dash all this time.

I rarely used the stereo since retiring it from daily driver duty years ago, but now it works if I decide too.

20210411_143122.jpg

Today I finished up the wiring in the bed and started trying to figure out a home for the spare tire, after trying a few ideas I ended up with it sitting partially over the battery box.

I think it should work out good there.

20210414_164014.jpg

20210414_163911.jpg