random Comanches found on the internet...

ComancheKid45

that yellow one looks like there is fiberglass fenders that can't be stock

There not, they are flared fenders and bedsides. Common use is on prerunners (like the blue one on this page) Nice touch. Looks like a sick truck with motor/tranny combo. Its ugly in my opinion though. Could however look better if it was any color than yellow and had some updated wheel tire package.

flared fenders and fiberglass fenders are the same!!!!!

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that yellow one looks like there is fiberglass fenders that can't be stock

There not, they are flared fenders and bedsides. Common use is on prerunners (like the blue one on this page) Nice touch. Looks like a sick truck with motor/tranny combo. Its ugly in my opinion though. Could however look better if it was any color than yellow and had some updated wheel tire package.

flared fenders and fiberglass fenders are the same!!!!!

I meant there not "stock", not that they were not fiberglass. This isnt tech....lol. I'll try to be more exact in my words next time...lol. :cheers:

• 5 weeks later...

I'm no suspension expert but that just seems weird to me. That whole 4-link with the top links between the top of the diff and the rear crossmember, wouldn't that cause the whole axle to rotate quite a lot as the suspension compresses? and it seems that mounting the shocks so close together you would have almost no damping of side to side movement :???:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm no suspension expert but that just seems weird to me. That whole 4-link with the top links between the top of the diff and the rear crossmember, wouldn't that cause the whole axle to rotate quite a lot as the suspension compresses? and it seems that mounting the shocks so close together you would have almost no damping of side to side movement :???:

Actually it doesn't cause rotation, and the airbags make up a little for the inboarded shocks. That said I wouldn't run the system.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
seen this one on a truck sale site in Nashville

http://www.cargeni.com/car-detail/1988- ... 04126.html

That is actually at my work. It belongs to the owner of the dealership. He says he has it priced like that because he doesn't care if it sales or not. Because he likes it. Believe it or not it actually sold awhile back. But was bought back from the guy that bought it because he said he could make the payments. lol

I've driven it a few times. It's a great running and driving truck. But it was repainted about 5yrs ago and the paing is starting to flake around the windshield. The interior is in pretty good shape. But the headliner is starting to drop.

That is actually at my work. It belongs to the owner of the dealership. He says he has it priced like that because he doesn't care if it sales or not. Because he likes it. Believe it or not it actually sold awhile back. But was bought back from the guy that bought it because he said he could make the payments. lol

I've driven it a few times. It's a great running and driving truck. But it was repainted about 5yrs ago and the paing is starting to flake around the windshield. The interior is in pretty good shape. But the headliner is starting to drop.

It actually sold!? was it at the $15,777 price? I'm putting mine up for that if it did. KBB my butt...they don't do enough research to really know what the value of these trucks are :rotf:

• 3 weeks later...
Been saving these for a while. I think at least 1 is a repost, still awesome though.

I use to work at Archer Racing, worked with a few of the guys that built these for Tommy and Bobby. Theres a cut off (side from bumper to bumper) of one of the glass bodys in either Grandmas Sports Garden or Applebees in Duluth, MN..

Been saving these for a while. I think at least 1 is a repost, still awesome though.

I use to work at Archer Racing, worked with a few of the guys that built these for Tommy and Bobby. Theres a cut off (side from bumper to bumper) of one of the glass bodys in either Grandmas Sports Garden or Applebees in Duluth, MN..

if it suddenly goes missing, I might know why... :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...