AGM Battery recommendation

I need a new AGM battery or my Comanche, my Optima yellow top has died several times but I was able to bring it back to life with my charger. I would like to replace it, but I don't know what is out there for a dual post AGM anymore.

I have used a Die Hard Platinum, but Sears discontinued them. I have used Excide, and that one died within a few years. I have not tried Oddesey yet or Interstate. I want a dual post and have a Dirt bound Offroad battery tray. I have left my headlights on and killed it a couple times, I have trouble with the brake switch as of late, but don't know what killed it this time. Battery was at 2.1V when I hooked up the charger today.616dc6e6726075897d63fd9533eadd08.jpg74f0a7bebb3ab5171227f6c6e9604514.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I tell you thats weird. Mine was dead today as well after messing with the turn signals and brakes. Flasher issues most likely. :dunno: 

But i have been running interstate batteries with great performance. I however will be looking to new pair of batteries to install as I have new converter to install as well. I be interested in some suggestions as well. Ive consider lithium batteries...cmon stimulus check 

I had one bad experience with a lead acid battery. While my car was in storage for the winter it leaked all over the tray and rusted it. I had to pull it and sand blast and repaint. I have been buying AGM ever since. Sears Platinum was made by North Star or Oddesey, but I don't know anyone.

19 minutes ago, knever3 said:

I had one bad experience with a lead acid battery. While my car was in storage for the winter it leaked all over the tray and rusted it. I had to pull it and sand blast and repaint. I have been buying AGM ever since. Sears Platinum was made by North Star or Oddesey, but I don't know anyone.

Always fully charge a battery before putting it in storage, and then disconnect it. Especially if it's likely to see freezing temperatures. Keeping it charged is what keeps the acid in the acid, otherwise it's just water in there, and water freezes, expands, and cracks batteries, which is what makes them leak. Modern cars especially with keyless entry and push button start that are constantly scanning for the fob in your pocket will discharge a battery enough to freeze it in less than a month. 

Well I bought some time to get a battery, it charged up to 100%.  It looks like it turns out it was my brake lights staying on.  I have a Ford plastic brake light switch installed on a custom bracket because I couldn't get the factory one to work with my new '96 brake booster/master combo.  I thought I made the flat on the push rod correct, but it didn't work out.  I will have to investigate and fix this problem for good, even if it means buying another brake booster and trying again.  The shape was completely different so I went a different route.  I will also replace the rear sockets to put 3157 LED bulbs in while I'm at it.  I will need to put the solid state flasher in as well.  The last time the brake switch failed it melted!  Not about to have a fire anytime soon I hope.  This morning after driving it to work I got out and the brake lights were stuck on.  Touched the pedal and they went off.

8 hours ago, mjeff87 said:

Look up Deka AGM batteries when your need finally arises.  I too was bitten by the Optima curse and swore them off.  Deka (East Penn Manufacturing) is what I switched too.

I have had good luck too with Napa batteries made by East Penn. Never had much luck with Optima either, just my experience, sure others have done better.

Group 34 is what I use.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BAT9834?impressionRank=1

I remember when Optima moved their manufacturing to Mexico.  Shot their quality all to hell for a few years.  But at this point they have it all sorted out and they make a decent battery again.

If you dig, you'll find that there's only like 2 or 3 factories building AGM batteries.  Several brands will be the exact same battery with a different sticker on it and maybe a different color plastic case.  Most of them are decent or better.

To be honest the Optima battery has been excellent, I have killed it several times with leaving my headlights or interior lights, and now brake lights on.  This time it went all the way down to 2.1V and it still came back to life.  I don't know what the capacity for discharge or CCA is anymore, but it still starts.  I need to sort out my brake light switch and figure out why my headlight switch buzzer doesn't work.  I have some wiring chasing to do.  I just wanted to get a solid choice before I have to pull the trigger.

Thanks guys

Northstar hands down. They have a huge reputation. Everything from cell tower batteries to car batteries. Their terminals inside the battery itself are huge. Napa agm are made by east penn. Unless they changed them in the last few years. Otherwise called deka. Xs power batteries are really good as well. 

In the last few years optima batteries went downhill. They aren't the same as they used to be, or other brands have just simply outdone them. So they don't seem to be the same. If it works for you, by all means go for it. But there are far better options.