Whats in your cab

jdog

Right now, my cab is filled with parts I will be using once I get time and budget to work on the conversion to tons.

Once it's up and running, it'll be mostly a trail rig.  The bed will be filled with all the tools and spares I will need, along with things like a fire extinguisher on the roll bar/cage.  Mostly, the cab will be empty except for me and the radios I have hooked up.

adding a foldable shovel or a normal small shovel I have sitting in the garage. some paper towels. If I where to get a rope of some kind should it be a snatch strap or a tow strap? and probably a couple ratchet straps and/or some cordelette

1 minute ago, Jesse J said:

If I where to get a rope of some kind should it be a snatch strap or a tow strap?

nothing with hooks. :L:   a normal 20k tow strap should be sufficient for anything that's not a mud hole.  you will need anchors points on your truck of course.

offcenter really isn't an issue unless you're deep in the mud.  just make sure you're attaching to the frame at as many points as possible like the factory did with their hooks.  it's just sheetmetal after all.  :L: 

does anyone still make those front 2" hitches?  that would tie in both sides and give a center location while retaining the stock bumper.

my tow strap is a shmucky 30k I got at a local store (Lowes?).  just make sure you care for it properly. :L:   don't store it out in the sunshine, and clean it if it gets all muddy.  when grit gets in them they die by a thousand cuts. 

3 hours ago, Jesse J said:

adding a foldable shovel or a normal small shovel I have sitting in the garage. some paper towels. If I where to get a rope of some kind should it be a snatch strap or a tow strap? and probably a couple ratchet straps and/or some cordelette

If you can, find a “recovery” strap, or rope. Similar idea to a snatch strap. They’ve got more stretch to them over a tow strap, which means you can hit them harder with less risk to either vehicle, and the stored energy from the stretch helps to slow-pull on the stuck vehicle after the towing vehicle’s stopped dead. 
Ideally a kinetic recovery rope is what you want, but they’re $$$ compared to the recovery straps you can get anywhere. It’s also a little bit smoother ride if you end up getting towed out of somewhere on the end of it.

And like Pete said, nothing with metal hooks on the end.

2 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

No worries, they are seeding clouds now for drought areas. :L:

yeah we where in a declared state of emergency but its been drizzly today :banana:

1 hour ago, gogmorgo said:

If you can, find a “recovery” strap, or rope. Similar idea to a snatch strap. They’ve got more stretch to them over a tow strap, which means you can hit them harder with less risk to either vehicle, and the stored energy from the stretch helps to slow-pull on the stuck vehicle after the towing vehicle’s stopped dead. 
Ideally a kinetic recovery rope is what you want, but they’re $$$ compared to the recovery straps you can get anywhere. It’s also a little bit smoother ride if you end up getting towed out of somewhere on the end of it.

And like Pete said, nothing with metal hooks on the end.

ok smart thanks!

Duck tape is my favorite gadget. Perfect cup holder, pen holder, nuts and bolts I don't' wanna lose holder when needed between my shifter and the seat.  I also have a 8" Kicker Solo Baric behind the seat. perfect rifle rack when traveling too. up to 3 guns lay a crossed it perfectly with seat closed.

13 minutes ago, Pete M said:

my sub of choice. :D  how old is yours?  mine is of the 1998 vintage. 

LOL, Dad gum Pete, same blessed unit!  Cept, no grill.. bought mine in 98 also when I graduated college and was kicking around looking for a job.  Was just looking on line seeing if anything better, but for the size and space....don't think  you can beat this one.  Unless your under 5'6 and move the seat up.

it currently lives in the back of my KJ. :L:   that's why the interior looks funny.   but it's still thumping with the best of 'em.  :jammin:  

as I tell people: buy quality, feed it all the power it can handle, and you don't need to sacrifice all your storage space. :D 

I have half a hardware store behind the seat. 2 20 ft tow straps. Tool bag, 30’ kinetic snatch rope. Warn winch accessory kit with tree saver 4 D ring shackles snatch block and gloves.  A Macs tie down receiver  hitch vice( handy for u joint replacement on the trail). 100’ of nylon rope. And a handful of other stuff I don’t remember. Shovel and hi lift live in the truck bed. 

First aid, fire ext and a tool bag.  The factory bottle jack is in the tool bag with a few other useful items. My spare is mounted in the stock location so I gotta keep that winch cranking tool in there at all times. 

All other gear is in the bed mounted tool box.

20210413_203724.jpg.4e082cff95dcee36f2389ee6421fb3a9.jpg