Jeep Cherokee Nameplate

89 MJ

8 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Maybe they will just be called by their body codes.

I'm sure Micheal Jordan is unhappy with this.  :teehee:

I honestly don't see Jeep changing anything unless it starts affecting their pocketbook.  some dude suddenly being unhappy with the names they've been using for decades isn't going to change their minds about their prized nomenclature.  I smell a cash grab.

6 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I'm sure Micheal Jordan is unhappy with this.  :teehee:

I honestly don't see Jeep changing anything unless it starts affecting their pocketbook.  some dude suddenly being unhappy with the names they've been using for decades isn't going to change their minds about their prized nomenclature.  I smell a cash grab.

Do you remember the Redskins?  They were founded in 1932 in Boston. (Their first year they were the Braves.)

We have transitioned from "every child gets a trophy" to "every child gets fake butt-hurt".

Sorry.....

Is drinking German beer "cultural appropriation"? Or just drinking beer that you like?

"Lighten up Francis"

3 minutes ago, 87MJTIM said:

Do you remember the Redskins?  They were founded in 1932 in Boston. (Their first year they were the Braves.)

at least that one is of negative connotation.  :dunno:

and I still say I would have started watching football again and made them my fav team if they changed their mascot to a potato. :D 

And I grew up outside DC too. Just shake my head at that crap there. 

My Dad got season tickets to the Colts for a few years in the mid 70's cause getting season tickets to the 'Skins just wasn't possible. So is the Colts bouncing in the dead of night "Urban Appropriation" by Indianapolis (not to mention the obvious problems of the city name). Is the move of the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore "Reverse Urban Appropriation"?

Could the name "Yankees" be offensive to someone? It's origins aren't exactly complementary. As a Nation, we should rise up and demand a change.

Perhaps the name "Cowboys" brings up negative connotations to someone who never actually experienced anything?

I live in "Cochise County". Perhaps that offends someone, somewhere, who never actually knew anyone.

Generation "fake butt-hurt". We really need to rise up and push back on this.

9 hours ago, JMO413 said:

In my opinion the world started going to complete poo the day the last won the law suit against McDonald's for getting hot coffee!! That moment was the start of the down fall to this whine @$$ world!

and the invention of gen z (spoken by a gen z)

I feel like this is a rabbit hole we’ll never get out of. Seems like everyone is picking and choosing things to be offended by. They’re suddenly offended by a vehicle name that’s been around almost 50yrs and was chosen because it’s a strong/powerful name. It’s not like it’s represented in poor taste. I mean I live in Oklahoma and I don’t get why they’re offended over a vehicle and not the countless knockoff Native American items sold at places like gas stations or all the town names that have indigenous meanings all over the country. I feel like it’s about money honestly 

12 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Where’s Francis!?

About 2 miles east of Lebam. I hope their families aren't offended. Both towns were named after the wives of railroad employees. Gender stereotyping and all that.

3 minutes ago, BeatCJ said:

Not if it's pronounced correctly, sounds like Willis. It was the guy's last name.

Interesting, I did not know that. I had always been taught that it was pronounced like Willy, with an "S" at the end. Thanks! 

Although, I'm sure it will still offend someone.

1 minute ago, jdog said:

Hey now that's not old tv :laugh:

Compared to me, its ancient :peep:. The old TV shows that came out before my time were some of the best though. (Dukes of Hazard, Beverly Hillbillies, Starsky and Hutch, Knight Rider, etc.)

2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Compared to me, its ancient :peep:. The old TV shows that came out before my time were some of the best though. (Dukes of Hazard, Beverly Hillbillies, Starsky and Hutch, Knight Rider, etc.)

I can agree with you on that, this new stuff sucks or are reboots poorly performed. The 60s to the early 90s have some of the best shows. So if those are ancient what are black and white tvs or radio shows?