"The Middle"

Dzimm

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It bugs me to a point when Jeep... Stellantis?... uses older CJs in their ads. I get it that they’re trying to show the soul and the history behind the name. What gets me is they’re doing this after all the lawsuits with Mahindra and the total lack of intention of ever producing another true utilitarian vehicle. Either be what you advertise or start embracing what you’ve become. 

It’s like selling the sizzle without the steak. :fistshake2:

I think this particular commercial was less about the brand and more about selling the idea of healing to a divided nation.  :dunno:  but businesses be businesses and so we should expect a Jeep in there somewhere of course.  :grinyes:

They only really use the old Jeeps in the specialty commercials, the standard commercials still exist everyday that only feature what's actually available today.  It's nice to see them recognize that their past vehicles are iconic, even if they make not so good ones these days.

This one uses a 1980 CJ5 for the celebration of the 80th anniversary.  This one also isn't really about selling Jeeps, it's a statement about or current social environment.

9 minutes ago, Pete M said:

wow, they even picked a Jeep from the middle of their existence.  that's dedication to the theme. :D

I would have liked to have seen a Scrambler or CJ7 but the ad agency probably balked at the prices compared to a 5... :P

I love when corporate tells me what to feel and how to behave. I think you guys are going to see starting immediately after the commercial, people are going to be way less pissed off about things going on in the world. Thanks JEEP!

P.S. I'm writing Jeep corporate to ask how to slice my sammich today. Should i cut it from the corners or down the middle?

P.P.S. Re-watched commercial. Figured it out. Thanks again JEEP!

doesn't seem all that dissimilar than when I hear about politicians and the news cycle telling us what to do and how to feel.  :dunno:  people seem to soak that up pretty readily.  but then they are all about anger.  It feels a bit refreshing to see someone, anyone, touting working together rather than more division. 

3 hours ago, billyblankss said:

PS. I'm writing Jeep corporate to ask how to slice my sammich today. Should i cut it from the corners or down the middle?

Be sure to ask if middle is side to side or top to bottom.  It's an important distinction.

40 minutes ago, 87MJTIM said:

Why does "The Middle" have to be only one-side's point of view?

The further out of center your point of view, the more everyone else looks to be "the other side".

It's all a matter of perspective.

I think Jeep's point of the ad was for everyone to chill out and stop seeing people on the other side of an issue as an "enemy".  disagreement can exist without anger.  but not if we let ourselves get continually riled up by the powers that be and the talking heads that benefit/profit from our anger. 

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

I think Jeep's point of the ad was for everyone to chill out and stop seeing people on the other side of an issue as an "enemy".  disagreement can exist without anger.  but not if we let ourselves get continually riled up by the powers that be and the talking heads that benefit/profit from our anger. 

:yeahthat: