• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Fernando87mj said:

What color is that ? Looks really good :L:

thanks! well my truck has a tan interior. the back is just whatever brown canvas, and the front is some custom fabric that sms auto makes. link in sig if your intrested :L:

I got the bottom seat cover finished today:banana:didn't take a pic because I don't know why. I need to pick up some high density auto foam before I wrap it up. I also got my @mnkyboy inspired headliner almost wrapped up except I ran out of adheiseive before I could wrap it around. and there are a couple wrinkles in the corners. pretty stoked on it though looks good and subtle and matches the diy custom seat cover.

IMG-0789.JPG

5 hours ago, Jesse J said:

I got the bottom seat cover finished today:banana:didn't take a pic because I don't know why. I need to pick up some high density auto foam before I wrap it up. I also got my @mnkyboy inspired headliner almost wrapped up except I ran out of adheiseive before I could wrap it around. and there are a couple wrinkles in the corners. pretty stoked on it though looks good and subtle and matches the diy custom seat cover.

IMG-0789.JPG

love it!  :D 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 5:04 PM, Jesse J said:

rebuilt the wiper arm bushings today longer job than I'd anticipated still only have one speed of wipers and when I stop them they don't return down but at least I can stop them now and I learned how to put them up when it snows so a success

I'm probably gonna sound pretty ignorant, but how do you put your wipers up for when it snows?

29 minutes ago, Cody_Hamill said:

I'm probably gonna sound pretty ignorant, but how do you put your wipers up for when it snows?

Lift them up and there is a little tab that you pull out near where it attaches to the wiper transmission. 

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

I see in another thread that you plan on swapping your rear axle. What do you plan on going with?

gonna get some waggy d44s from derf probably and they have a 6x5 bolt pattern so might as well swap both to have matching patterns. 

1 minute ago, Jesse J said:

gonna get some waggy d44s from derf probably and they have a 6x5 bolt pattern so might as well swap both to have matching patterns. 

Not trying to talk you out of them, but I'm not sure if that is the best option for building a daily driver truck. Many states require the wheels to be covered by a fender flare. A fullsize axle is going to make the tire stick out farther than the flare. It also isn't a huge upgrade. My dad has a 5.3 YJ with a 5 speed on 35s with a bone stock D30 and haven't had an issue with it yet. If you are semi careful, a D30 would probably live with your 4.0 on up to 37s, especially considering you have an auto.

2 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Not trying to talk you out of them, but I'm not sure if that is the best option for building a daily driver truck. Many states require the wheels to be covered by a fender flare. A fullsize axle is going to make the tire stick out farther than the flare. It also isn't a huge upgrade. My dad has a 5.3 YJ with a 5 speed on 35s with a bone stock D30 and haven't had an issue with it yet. If you are semi careful, a D30 would probably live with your 4.0 on up to 37s, especially considering you have an auto.

Yeah I know a d30 might be ok but it just rubs me the wrong way to put new gears and whatever. also I am gonna build me some fenders so not to worried about that. just my choice. the front already has a truss.