Jesse builds a truck

11 minutes ago, Pete M said:

literally every TJ came with a low pinion front. :L:  it's really not that bad.

Hes just jealous :roflmao:I have beefier brakes and knuckles and everything I'm gonna break a u joint or a shaft before my pinion gears get messed up

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Good work! That think looks stout! Way more than you need for a 4.0, perfect. 

definable way more strong than most things I could buy. It is such a crappy design supporting this big mass from the side but there is really no better way to do it. 

Finally earned my big boy pants yesterday! pull was really smooth only took like 2 hours (granted I had a lot of the work already done) What really took forever was bolting it to my stand that took like 4. Had a blast doing it. Probably going to strip it down and clean it all and leave it for a couple months-years while I prepare the cashflow for it. I did recenty get hired at home depot 15$ hourly!

IMG-2744.JPG

IMG-2745.JPG

IMG-2746.JPG

IMG-2748.JPG

IMG-2747.JPG

Took a page out of @89 MJ's book and spruced up the manche for christmas. Wrapped the hood with wrapping paper (maybe a little jdm but thats ok) Put my chrome 8 slot on and modified my 92 bezels to fit my 87 clip. I really and digging the chrome. And I put a wreath on the tailgate

IMG-2820.jpg

IMG-2818.jpg

13 hours ago, Empty_Pockets said:

Do you not have a front diff cover on it? 

there are no gears or carrier or axle shafts or pinion to cover. I have a little grease on the bearing surfaces so they don't rust, the housing will be cleaned religiously before installation

29 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

well somehow my rear Pass tail ligh got a big hole in it:sad: i am pretty upset. Gonna run LED rear lights. maybe front ones too

That sucks, you could always get one from key parts when they release

dang. Well I a while back I really liked the idea of LED lights in the back but surfing the web I havent really liked anything I have found. I know this one guy on here has a green xj with full tube that has LED taillights but I can't find the thread. 

I've seen on the KeyParts FB page that the new lenses are going to be coming out in January. Now, here's hoping that they are priced reasonable.

Jesse, if you aren't opposed to JK taillights, Dzimm makes housings for them. They look pretty darn good, IMHO.

2 hours ago, Jesse J said:

dang. Well I a while back I really liked the idea of LED lights in the back but surfing the web I havent really liked anything I have found. I know this one guy on here has a green xj with full tube that has LED taillights but I can't find the thread. 

Led tails are nice. :L: