Jesse builds a truck

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

ok so the long awaited update on Audrey the metric ton. 

got the rear axle ground down and welded and painted with POR 15 and holy smokes it great stuff. I went a little crazy and painted the leaves as well. I got the rear completed after pulling it in and out 10 times. The barnes kit worked great, great product would recommend. I got the CORE 4x4 Short arms in and they went pretty alright. I also built my ruffstuff 7/8s heim kit. I paid my buddy 20 bucks to Tig weld them. Got the steering in. Picked up some open country tires and they are super smooth on road so far. Dropped off my driveshafts at a local driveshaft shop here and they did a fantastic job. I finished the Ax15 swap and it drives great super happy with it. Just scared wheeling with a manual Thinking about setting up my other 231 for dual cases. chopped the fenders and got the parts cherokee bumper painted, cut, and installed looks great. I had to build a new drivers bumper mount because the other one was crushed. I took it for its maiden voyage after finally getting brake liners that took forever and I pulled in and it spewed coolant and I was like oh it must have been to full then cut to it getting hotter and hotter when I drive it the next times and then I was driving it home from school on Wednesday and it died on me and there was steam everywhere. I replaced the water pump and everything seemed to be working fine put it on the trailer so I could get it down to the takeover. Didn't wheel the first day as it is only 2wd atm because my matching front trutrac and my mater install kits didn't come in time :( . Then I was driving it for like 40 minutes Friday night and I let it idle for 10 minutes and I pop the hood to see how it is and coolant went everywhere. spent Saturday wiring an O Reileys temp sensor and an auxiliary fan switch then went home. I think that is it I just kinda word vomited. I am swapping to an open system soon and if that doesnt help I am going to do some compression tests to see if its my headgasket and if a new head gasket doesn't work it will get the engine and electronics out of the 92 parts cherokee

IMG-2353.JPG

IMG-2348.JPG

IMG-2333.JPG

IMG-2317.JPG

IMG-2313.JPG

IMG-2309.JPG

IMG-2305.JPG

IMG-2295.JPG

IMG-2291.JPG

IMG-2369.JPG

IMG-2374.JPG

IMG-2379.JPG

IMG-2380.JPG

IMG-2381.JPG

IMG-2385.JPG

IMG-2388.JPG

IMG-2390.JPG

20 minutes ago, jeepmjga said:

Looks awesome man, jealous of those dana 44's!

yeah I sure lucked out with those! one thing I forgot to mention is I won a $100 gift certificate in the raffle and I bought an MORE steering brace which I am pretty excited for 

• 1 month later...

ok so updates updates. It bombed emissions due to me putting my map hose fix in the wrong hole on the throttle body. I have yet to take it back to the shop to get it re tested. This thing burns fuel like a mf I will tell you that much. I think it doesnt help that I am a little undergeared with my 4.27s. I have decided to run dual tcases it being stick now its going to be tricky to wheel without a granny low. Was running the numbers and if I chopped up my spare np231 I would have a 138 to 1 crawl. it also gives me a better front driveshaft angle which I desperately need with my front 44 and 5.5 inches of lift. Also I will be pilling the 92 HO out of the cherokee to stroke and bore. And so hopefully next summer the comanche will get a HO stroker. 

I fixed the overheating. closed to open did the trick I spent a total of 5 dollars on it just for some hose adapters I had everything else on hand. And my front LSD showed up so now my master installs need to come (eta mid november) and I will have double true tracs and 4.89s :banana:

On 10/25/2021 at 3:51 AM, watchamakalit said:

You shouldnt have any driveshaft angle problems until 6+" 

Any angle problems should get taken care of with the adjustable control arms.

I have a low pinion 44 in the front or else you would be correct. At ride height the shaft will have about at steep as I would like it to be not to mention full droop

15 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

Awe your all grown up now :teehee: cool. :driving:

:driving:hey I can use that emoji because I have an ax15:cool:

yeah lol my buddy is giving me crap for it being a lp. Hes building a super 30 for his red xj (pictured below) chromoly shafts 30 spline carrier and a big truss and all that jazz. plus some other pics just driving aorund black lj is my friends red tj was just some random one at the grocery store

IMG-2626.JPG

IMG-2504.JPG

IMG-2448.JPG

IMG-2631.JPG

IMG-2627.JPG