Jesse builds a truck

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

well folks the seat is 100% buttoned up and ready to go in. I also re wired all the speakers and moved the b pillar speakers down back to the stock location. 4 speakers really fill up the cab. This means the interior will go together tomorrow or sunday, depending on when my dad needs my help in the back yard to start prepping for the power company to move the power wire underground so we can build the shop (build thread?) any way huge win today:bananagun:

small. Its going to be made out of three shipping containers with a high bay space in the middle. When my dad is done drawing up the permit plans I will start a topic on it. I am gettng the interior together today and it out of the backyard I am so stoked

can't all be good news though. getting out out of the backyard was really weird. It had a lack of power in forwards but worked just fine in reverse maybe? there where some parts when I was throttle out and neither of the back tires where spinning. idk it was weird almost like my torque converter was slipping

could be the fuse for the tcm is blown, tcm could not be plugged in, going bad, bad ground. just depends, easiest would be unplug the tcm, and see if it moves when put in low. if it does you have a electrical issue

10 hours ago, Pete M said:

make it reliable before you buy a single lift part. :L: 

yep

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

:yeahthat: Big lift and tires will only exaggerate your issues. 

yeah. makes me want to put an ax15 in it so that might be sooner than expected. 

5 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

yep

yeah. makes me want to put an ax15 in it so that might be sooner than expected. 

I completely understand that sentiment.  just had the transmission pump fail on my liberty.  seriously debating how much of a headache a manual trans swap would be.....  :peep:

13 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I completely understand that sentiment.  just had the transmission pump fail on my liberty.  seriously debating how much of a headache a manual trans swap would be.....  :peep:

good point. I need to trouble shoot it a little bit and A. I want a manual eventually and B. it depends how much of a headache this turns out to be but a manny swap might be less of a headache even

On 3/15/2021 at 9:13 AM, Jesse J said:

makes me want to put an ax15 in it so that might be sooner than expected. 

This is the way. I'm sure @MiNi Beast would confirm this. Careful though, there are a lot of bolts that hold in the transmission. Those are like screws, but different. :roflmao:On a serious note, the top two bolts that hold the engine to the transmission are are royal PITA to remove.

33 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

This is the way. I'm sure @MiNi Beast would confirm this. Careful though, there are a lot of bolts that hold in the transmission. Those are like screws, but different. :roflmao:On a serious note, the top two bolts that hold the engine to the transmission are are royal PITA to remove.

yep. I am just taking a break before I take another stab at the turn signal gremlins. we will see