Renix Cruise Control Factory Style Kits

eaglescout526

Alrighty, I am offering to make factory correct Renix era cruise control kits.  Each kit will cost $130* about the same price as they cost new back when you could get the MJ. The kits will consist of used and new parts(trust me, I would love if it everyone could get new parts) and a detailed instruction sheet to help with installation. Due to rarity of some parts, it might take longer to complete kits(please see what I am running low on and what I am awaiting on) and I apologize for the time it will take to make them. 

I test all I can, which includes the harness, solenoid and the yellow control box. If something does not work, I will help walk you through a diagnostic procedure to help get cruise up and running. If something is broke, I will replace it if it can be. 

None of the yellow control modules will be set to work at the correct speed as each vehicle is different, IE lift and tires, they will only be set to ensure there is proper engagement at 30mph, I will include instructions of how to adjust this meaning you will have to do some test driving to get it right which is easy if your roads aren't busy and perfect if you live where there's no traffic.

Kits will include:

1 Cruise module(yellow box)

1 Turn signal stalk

1 Wiring/vac harness

1 Vac harness

1 Vac reservoir

1 Throttle control solenoid w/mount

1 Brake switch

Few pieces of hardware will be included for various mounts. 

1 lower speedometer cable

1 speed sensor

1 upper speedo cable

I might be forgetting a piece or two but will update the list and will include a check list and installation instruction sheet(AMC style). 

If you have any little parts and pieces or come across some Jeeps in a yard with pieces, do let me know and I will be happy to work with you on them. 

Current parts waiting on:

Stalks, brake switches and speedo cables. 

Parts that I am running low/out of:

2.5L*** throttle control cables, football shape reservoirs, 87-90 harnesses, vac switch mount, speed sensors.

Currently do not have an ETA on completed kits but I want to say Jan 2021** by the absolute latest.

One thing to note, these kits are perfect for converting to later style clusters for those of you with 86’s. That being said I do have 86 adaptors for the speed sensor and I have A LOT of them. 

Another note, these kits will be universal meaning they will work with either trans set up. Manual owners will need to remember to apply the brake before switching to a different gear. 

*those of you who pre ordered before 10/28/20 will get their kits at $100. All others will be $130. I apologize for the slight increase, it is only to cover some expenses with the project. But shipping will be free on all kits. 

**due to unforeseen and surprising popularity, kits will be completed as I get the parts. If you have ordered a kit, I currently have a list going of who will get their kits in order of which they contacted me first. I will not be able to have any kits as stock(and probably won't either). If you need a part that can't be gotten from the aftermarket, please PM me and make the subject the part you are after. 

***2.5L guys, I might have trouble making kits for you as the 2.5L requires a longer cable and using a 4.0L servo and cable might require a bit of creativity to make the servo and shorter cable work

Are there components required for this at the speedometer cable? I thought I’ve seen speed sensors and shorter sections of cable that connect them in on some Jeeps, I guess I thought they were associated with the cruise control. 

3 hours ago, watchamakalit said:

Not sure if it would be of interest but the stalks can be had new from any parts store.

Oh yes I know. Those will be the newest pieces. I wouldn’t want to give you guys used stalks. 

2 hours ago, 500 MJ said:

Are there components required for this at the speedometer cable? I thought I’ve seen speed sensors and shorter sections of cable that connect them in on some Jeeps, I guess I thought they were associated with the cruise control. 

I knew I forgot something to my list. The speedometer components. That’s the biggest thing to them operating. Those will also be new components(at least NOS)

50 minutes ago, Minuit said:

If you ever come across one of these control boxes or speed sensors that don't work, send them over. Might be able to reverse engineer them and get some working... or make new ones.

I have that one that blew a capacitor in a spectacular smoky fashion I can send your way. 

8 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

Interested in a set. I assume they work with either Auto or Manual trans?

Yes they will. There will be a note on the instructions that the kit is universal to the trans set up. Just manual guys shouldn’t try to shift while cruise is active. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Will you have anything for the HO’s? 

I haven’t considered HOs but my understanding of HOs is it’s just the servo and the stalk that is required to add to them. I can definitely get some HO servos to stock if there’s enough interest there. 

Quick update:

Currently my delay of getting these kits together is Speedo cables. When I sent and made Fiat his kit, I only had one 4wd cable and the rest of what I have are 2wd. Other than that shortage which will be resolved, I have everything else to make a few more kits which have been reserved. 

Quick update:
Currently my delay of getting these kits together is Speedo cables. When I sent and made Fiat his kit, I only had one 4wd cable and the rest of what I have are 2wd. Other than that shortage which will be resolved, I have everything else to make a few more kits which have been reserved. 

I would be interested in one of your 2wd kits for an 88 2.5 if one is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • eaglescout526 changed the title to Renix Cruise Control Factory Style Kits

Archived