Jeep vs Bronco

Ωhm

Interesting read. I hope Ford did not waste there R and D money like GM did with the H2 and H3.

I’m glade that Jeep might finally get a competitor. Don’t  get me wrong I will never own a ford product. If ford has a hit that will force Jeep to better there products. Like maybe GIVE us a hemi in the wrangler and gladiator!!!!

On 7/8/2020 at 6:56 PM, JustEmptyEveryPocket said:

Like maybe give us a better truck version than a 2020 Wrangler that some highschool FFA kid tack welded a square body truck bed onto? That would be cool.

Quoted for truth.

Because almost no one buys manual transmissions any more.

Even sports cars are going mostly paddle shift autos these days.

I got a great deal on a 2012 JK because it was a manual transmission one that had been on the lot for months.  Automatic transmissions are very good these days and most people like them.

Aside from my bother, I only know 2 people that even know how to drive a manual transmission:sad:

I keep buying 15+ year old beater cars, where you can still find 5 speeds.  I know eventually that supply is going to run out though.

22 minutes ago, mjeff87 said:

Aside from my bother, I only know 2 people that even know how to drive a manual transmission:sad:

I keep buying 15+ year old beater cars, where you can still find 5 speeds.  I know eventually that supply is going to run out though.

Take a beater and fix it up so it will last for ever

4 hours ago, Pete M said:

should still be an option. :(  heck, I'd pay a bit more for a manual.  :comanche:

Agreed!

My pulling truck is a 1997 F-250 with the 7.3 International motor. It is coming up on 300,000 miles and I know it won't last forever. So I have been casually looking at replacement towing trucks. None of the ones I look at come optioned with a manual transmission. You have to special order them, if you can get it at all. I don't know about you all, but while my manual daily driver is for fun, a pulling vehicle NEEDS to be a manual. How else do you engine brake going down hills? Or avoid the smash shifting an auto gives you when climbing a steep part of the road? Or get enough torque to the wheels to pull that trailer where you just HAD to put on one more tree's worth of wood to bring home? And for ~$60,000+ dollars I better get what I damn well want!

Besides, a manual is truly becoming an anti-theft device. :laugh:

On 7/10/2020 at 1:57 PM, JustEmptyEveryPocket said:

This^^^ I would be VERY tempted to buy something like this.

But I'm picky. Would need the diesel engine and manual transmission as options as well.

Does anyone know why the Gladiator has a diesel engine option, but it ONLY comes with an auto tranny?

They just announced the diesel Gladiator yesterday, actually. From my understanding, and this is speculation, but the diesel tows less than the gasser. A manual gasser tows less than an auto. So a diesel manual would tow almost nothing. It's all a cooling thing for the diesel, they couldn't get the ability to cool great enough in the diesel version due to limited grill space or something. 

I prefer a manual for my primary off road vehicle, simply because I know how to drive one and like the challenge.  Nothing wrong with an auto off road though.

For my tow rig/daily driver, auto all the way.  My 2001 Silverado 6.0 gas is sitting at 330,000 miles and still going strong.

My Mom drove a full size Bronco in the late 80s.  Remember the Eddie Bauer Editions?  She had a blue/tan one, and then a red/tan one.  She heard about the new Bronco coming out and mentioned it to me.  She's curious.  I think it would be awesome if she got one!  (she's 76)

3 hours ago, PFCLeist said:

They just announced the diesel Gladiator yesterday, actually. From my understanding, and this is speculation, but the diesel tows less than the gasser. A manual gasser tows less than an auto. So a diesel manual would tow almost nothing. It's all a cooling thing for the diesel, they couldn't get the ability to cool great enough in the diesel version due to limited grill space or something. 

They have the se problem with the turbo 4 banger from the Wrangler.  The Jeep wasn't designed for enough air flow.

Maybe when they do the next update they can figure it out.

My brother has a 2017 mustang, leased a Fusion, my sister has an the gigantic Expo. I have to pick them up from the dealership constantly. Were you have to argue for your warranty, to still be service charged out the @$$.  I would never invest in a newer " Jeep ". Not only because of cost, but they have recalls on things like cylinder heads, Airbag software, catching fire, ignition switches, Fuel tank,inadvertent airbag deployment, steering software may disable the stability control, alternator..............The list is extensive. Many of the parts are critical or potentially life threatening.  Iv had a airbag go off when I was hit, seared all my hair, 2nd degree burns and no use of my hands for months. Outside of the already likely mechanical/ software failures. Your airbag could Mike Tyson you randomly. 

... Ford is in really bad shape financially. My brothers mustang with close examination shows were/ how they are making their money back.   Fords strategy seems to be targeting the " sports " enthusiasts. People that do not mind spending money on ridiculously priced packages/ parts. ( GT, Ford Raptor, Etc ). Where they can make good money on the mark ups. I admire them for not taking the bailout, but they fired everyone from there factories. Although still primarily made in the USA,CAN I cannot say they have not earned my confidence. 

I think both of them look pretty decent (in regards to the full bronco). The bronco sport seems more like a competitor for a land rover. Ultimately this competition is good for off road enthusiasts. Now to see what the last of the big three will do, and if any of the Japanese automakers throw their hat in the ring (I personally would like to see the suzuki jimny over here).

100% like ironically @Money_Pits mentioned. 30k base. The two door looks really good IMO. If I had to choose a new Jeep or this. I’d probably go with the ford over fiat. 

Suzuki Jimny is Badass for the price. 

Although Toyota’s prices are getting higher, and higher. Almost the same as a Land Rover. Toyota have a long-standing record for being reliable, good, easy to maintain investments. 

Japan has been doing a lot right. 39265591-1040-48F0-B248-84078D94723F.jpeg.aaf0ba0bfa6c4197b466f9e256e909f4.jpeg

the legendary Toyota J70s......

I would make payments on one. Even come with an optional turbo diesel V8....I used to see these everywhere in colombia and southern Mexico. 

The new bronco looks really good though. I’m happy to see more outdoorsy/ adventure type cars being made. Hopefully it keeps the snowball of 4x4/ overland rolling.

87FB99E7-019E-4700-9F71-B1D22D2447AD.jpeg