Hitting the Fan

bluenotenick

Last night was crazy here. What started as a peaceful daytime demonstration about a mile or so from where we live turned ugly by the evening. My girlfriend and I watched on the local news network as many small businesses around us, open for the first time in months, were looted and destroyed. The National Guard is here, so maybe things will mellow out, but I am angry that nothing was done to stop the looting. Cars were lining up outside shops and with no time limit, the gangs looted for hours at levels I've never seen before.

Most of the grocery stores and other shops in our neighborhood are boarded up. The local government, for whatever reason, decided not to protect the businesses. A lot of these problems stem from bad political ideology, but something deeper is happening. There are factions that wanted this to happen. The instigators, the political opportunists and the banger thugs.

I think most people understand that George Floyd was murdered and justice must be served. But the destruction of our local businesses has no correlation to that event. Unlike the 90's, the L.A. police department is now more diverse. A protestor or criminal is just as likely to be arrested by a Black, Asian or Hispanic officer as they would be a White officer.

The businesses that survived were armed and defended their property. Many of the ones who depended on the local government for protection lost everything. I bet all that gun control yammer is out the window now, thankfully. Things are changing fast. Who knows what tomorrow may bring.

It is a mess. 

So many things have come together to make this happen here and now, a recipe for disaster. I hope everyone is able to stay safe and protect their property from this nonsense. 

Sadly, the point that these out of control riots are founded on, what were peaceful gathering of folks making their opinions known, is long lost now.

It's being set up.  Soros is laughing meniacally in his rocking chair.

Ill leave it at that, lest it gets too political.  But, that's what's going on.

Keep your powder dry.

People are idiots.  There was a bunch of rioting here this weekend and even a fire started at the courthouse that luckily was put out real quick.  

It's gonna be a rude awakening when the rioters in Iowa realize we have the stand your ground law, meaning we can defend ourselves with firearms.  Minnesota doesn't have that luxury.

6 hours ago, bluenotenick said:

Most of the grocery stores and other shops in our neighborhood are boarded up. The local government, for whatever reason, decided not to protect the businesses. A lot of these problems stem from bad political ideology, but something deeper is happening. There are factions that wanted this to happen. The instigators, the political opportunists and the banger thugs.

There is mounting, and persuasive, evidence that the instigators of the violence are imported agitators, not home-grown protesters. In one city (don't remember which), pallets of bricks miraculously appeared on street corners where there was no construction going on. This is why Trump has declared antifa as a terrorist organization -- because that's what they are. And they are insurrectionists. What they want is to destroy the United States, and they will shamelessly seize on any pretext to foment another riot.

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

There is mounting, and persuasive, evidence that the instigators of the violence are imported agitators, not home-grown protesters. In one city (don't remember which), pallets of bricks miraculously appeared on street corners where there was no construction going on. This is why Trump has declared antifa as a terrorist organization -- because that's what they are. And they are insurrectionists. What they want is to destroy the United States, and they will shamelessly seize on any pretext to foment another riot.

Well stated.  I seem to recall many arrested protesters in Ferguson, MO were from far away.  

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Exactly.  And the insurrections are being targeted in specific (demographic) areas across the country.  It's sickening to watch.

Serious looting in Santa Monica today. A small antifa looking gang, dressed in black, started smashing at the front doors of REI with small sledgehammers. A thin redheaded girl threw herself in front of the store trying to stop it. The young men easily pushed her out of the way a couple times. Then someone in the gathering crowd threw something and hit her. She stood her ground and went back again until her pudgy friend with a "No Looting" sign also confronted the men. The two of them somehow saved the store. It was nuts.

I was stuck on La Cienega today for almost 2 hours. This is my first week back into the city to try and get some work done...all this happens. I'm sure all the large stores will be fine. I do not think the mom and pop shops all over southern California will rebound. Calling my family around 4 to find out all the cities they live in are starting to have looting and vandalism too.  I love CA for the weather, but I cannot understand why people are working so hard to remove their civil rights in this state. 

Right now we are watching primary liberal cities with primarily liberal populations. Protest against injustice, and racism from a government institution, and its oppressive ways. Come voting time they are going to vote in more state/federal government funding, taxes and social systems.....:roflmao:" @#$% the government, expand it?" hurts my face. 

Last night turned deadly in Davenport.  One officer in the hospital and two people dead.  No word yet on who was killed but the officer is said to have non-life threatening injuries.

The National Guard just rolled into Ankeny, IA and staged at Walmart.  It's a transport and refueling convoy but it looks like they will be staying the night there.  All the businesses around here closed at 5 so they could board up and get prepared. 

All I needed was some damn PB Blaster and grease, but nope!  Damn rioters.

On 5/31/2020 at 6:15 PM, mjeff87 said:

It's being set up.  Soros is laughing meniacally in his rocking chair.

Ill leave it at that, lest it gets too political.  But, that's what's going on.

Keep your powder dry.

For the record I am politically neutral (my girlfriend’s family and my grandma do not have the same political views as me, so I say I’m politically neutral)

Off the record, yup, I agree woth you 100%. And some of the other politicians in his party. 

I saw this meme that said “if you do the looty loot, you get the shorty shoot”. In my household, that is how it will go down. 

20 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

"if you do the looty loot, you get the shorty shoot”. In my household, that is how it will go down. 

This^^^

Pulled the plug out of the 12ga tube and have all AR/handgun mags loaded and ready to go.  Very slim chance of getting hit where I'm at but ready to go, I won't be caught with my pants down.

On 5/31/2020 at 9:24 PM, Eagle said:

Unlike the White Supremacists who are just sitting at home making lego White Houses. Really, I deal with this stuff everyday. Yes the left are instigating so are the white supremacist cops and others. This country is tearing itself apart and what is so sad is we condemn the Communist Chinese for cracking down on the Hong Kong people who just want justice and democracy but the images from this country look eerily similar. This is a lot more sinister and widespread than Antifa. This is becoming Germany in 1932. Same MO, deflection, find a bad guy to target, discredit the media (who are far from perfect) and watch how the sheep buy into it. It is a pity most of us have no clue about European history. If we actually read about the rise of Fascism in Germany, the signs are eerily similar.

as long as this thread deals with news and what's happening and stays away from conspiracy theories and fear mongering, it's all good.  real bad stuff is appening right now and there's no ban against sharing it.  But as soon as we start getting into the "why"s, I gotta put my foot down because that starts arguments and all the drama.  I don't care if the world really is coming to an end, I want the CC to stay civil and as cheerful as we can.  this is a respite from the rest of the world's problems.  or at least as much as we can be.  There are plenty of other places where you can engage others with who's right and who's wrong and what the fixes should be. 

Our 'native' Detroit protesters were confronting the 'out of towners' last night, threatening them if they did any damage to the city.   The Detroit protester have been peaceful, and try to keep it that way, but the hired help that was brought in are trying to change things.   The police chief said that out of all the arrests they made, over 80% weren't from the area.

LA police were caught flat footed over the weekend, but they rallied yesterday. It took them a few days to coordinate a response to the criminals who are using targeted hit and run looting with convoys of cars. Police were much faster to respond and many arrests were made. There were also continued acts of courage by the local population helping to guard businesses. It was a day full of high speed chases and cops running on foot in all directions. I am hoping the message is clear and that things will settle down.

https://twitchy.com/brads-313037/2020/06/01/the-proof-of-how-orchestrated-these-riots-are-is-seen-in-the-regular-appearance-of-pallets-filled-with-bricks/

In deference to Pete's request, I won't speculate on where those bricks came from or how they got there. It has been documented in too many of the cities where the riots are taking place to dismiss it as coincidence. It has also been documented that in at least some of the cities, there have been bicycle couriers riding around, directing protesters to the nearest convenient pallets of bricks.

Ascribe it to whichever group you choose, what's not open to debate is that these are coordinated actions, not spontaneous protests.

Well, this doesn't help the situation at all.....Richmond PD deployed tear gas on a crowd last night (again).  They were not "rioters".  They were protesting.  The Chief already issued an apology statement saying the officers involved have been pulled from the street (last night).  Mayor is scheduled to make a public apology outside City Hall this afternoon.  I hope it doesn't get ugly.

https://www.wric.com/news/local-news/richmond/mayor-stoney-wants-to-apologize-to-peaceful-protestors-tear-gassed-before-curfew/

1 hour ago, mjeff87 said:

Well, this doesn't help the situation at all.....Richmond PD deployed tear gas on a crowd last night (again).  They were not "rioters".  They were protesting.  The Chief already issued an apology statement saying the officers involved have been pulled from the street (last night).  Mayor is scheduled to make a public apology outside City Hall this afternoon.  I hope it doesn't get ugly.

https://www.wric.com/news/local-news/richmond/mayor-stoney-wants-to-apologize-to-peaceful-protestors-tear-gassed-before-curfew/

That's the same thing that happened in DC so our President could get a picture with a bible in front of a church.  Tear gas, flash bangs and rubber bullets used to clear out the church (which was treating injured protestors and providing the water and snacks) so he could have a photo op.