1979 Toyota Corolla

Dammerung

Found this last week in my aunt’s old garage. She’s sadly passed on and the family is cleaning out her old hoarder house. Nobody wants it because they think it’s junk, so it might be mine to bring back to life. This will be my next project after I finish getting my Comanche on the road. Apparently this was also the first year of the 4th generation of Corollas.

02700fbf738dab4b020a215279a3b2c5.jpg44ef2c5e0ef001f6d0a133605b4a3538.jpgb62104059e91f57cc2c8e07e29f17421.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

1000% of every fiber of my being is begging you to hit that thing with a garden hose and wash all that mung off of it:laugh:

Seeing it out in the open like that, it looks to be in quite fine shape.:L:

That looks in pretty good shape. How is the interior?

New fuel, carb cleaner, new oil, and battery.....might stand a good chance of firing up. It is a Toyota.

We pulled my truck up to it and jumped it. It cranked but didn’t start. We poured fuel in the tank and some in the Carb and it ran. Been sitting for 25 years and she ran like a dream, and subsequently died lol.

1 hour ago, SVPete said:

That looks in pretty good shape. How is the interior?

New fuel, carb cleaner, new oil, and battery.....might stand a good chance of firing up. It is a Toyota.

I was thinking the same thing. Siphon as much gas out of the tank as you can and start fresh.

Do the tires hold air?

I was thinking the same thing. Siphon as much gas out of the tank as you can and start fresh.

Do the tires hold air?

All except 1 did. We pulled the spare home with us to check it and we’ll probably put it on when we go back.