Stillwater,Oklahoma help

MiNi Beast

Yes at the hotel. Finished breakfest with co worker, he went to truck and i went to get my bag and check out of room. 5 mins later walked out to empty parking lot. I was 10 mins late is why he said he left. Mind you we were working for last week not hard as he said, cause no need to rush as only had few hrs to finish it. However, I feel it was retaliation for the day prior being i had checked him and his demeaning and belittling of my co worker. He is a bully and i called him on it. Many people can't handle being stood up to. I think i handle it correctly as there was no physical altercation, as my co worker was tempted to being why i stepped in and voiced my opinion to rectify the situation. So this is an example of what can happen when you stand up for people, and i good with that. Co worker home now and will not be returning to work with him as well. 

I have made it to Perry and await departure on greyhound tomorrow. It has been a long hike and cold night. But i have made it and stayed warm. Have met some very nice people as well as a couple officers who were as nice as can be. Last gentleman  officer gave me a ride the last 6 miles to Perry and bought me a meal to boot. I do indeed appreciate the folks of the south they truly understand hospitality. 

20191217_073807.jpg

20191217_074625.jpg

20191217_083236.jpg

20191218_003013.jpg

So i was bored and thought i would pick up so trash cause it looked like $#!& and was in my view. SO i seen a problem and went about solving it. Also I figured it be a good way to perhaps give back as i have been given too. While doing so i thought lord a quarter pounder sounds good. Meanwhile i found a yoyo,favorite toy aside my bouncy ball, and found a cross. To me i thought well he must have been listening and was telling me i was doing as he intended me to. So after 45 mins i was hungry and used my last dollar to get a cheeseburger. Was no quarter pounder but was enjoyed just the same. So i lay my head down and proceed to take a nap and soak up the sun. Those that no me know this is typical of me, in all aspects. So as i lay there i hear someone set something next to me. I look and a young lady and her husband had wished me a merry Christmas and left me a Double quarter pounder meal with water. Now if there isnt proof in this i shall never know. Very much thankful and blessed. 

• 1 year later...

Thanks for bumping that, I missed it. Good read, and good for you.

So I am curious, did anything ever happen to your boss? In my mind, he should have been punished somehow. Abandoning someone hundreds of miles from home should have consequences.

4 hours ago, BeatCJ said:

Thanks for bumping that, I missed it. Good read, and good for you.

So I am curious, did anything ever happen to your boss? In my mind, he should have been punished somehow. Abandoning someone hundreds of miles from home should have consequences.

i have since found where he lives even with his ill attempts to ensure i couldn't. can't hide from me when i have irs friends. :grinyes: however i have not did anything other then to pray for his lost soul. best i can do is not let that situation have a negative impact on my life. :thumbsup:

On 12/19/2019 at 12:38 PM, MiNi Beast said:

... So i lay my head down and proceed to take a nap and soak up the sun. Those that no me know this is typical of me, in all aspects. So as i lay there i hear someone set something next to me. I look and a young lady and her husband had wished me a merry Christmas and left me a Double quarter pounder meal with water. Now if there isnt proof in this i shall never know. Very much thankful and blessed. 

Several years ago, shortly after my wife died and I underwent heart surgery, I was in the food court at the local mall on some holiday or other. I think it might have been Veterans Day, and I was wearing my Vietnam Veteran hat. I was feeling sorry for myself, and I guess it must have showed because after a few minutes a little girl started whispering to her parents. Then she got up and came over to me, very shyly, and said, "Don't be sad. Thank you for you service."

I just about lost it.

Earlier this year, when the COVID-19 pandemic was just hitting its stride and we were sure going to the supermarket would result in instant death, I found in my mailbox a pretty, hand-made card from a little girl who lives a quarter mile up the road from me. We've never met, and I don't know her parents. In fact, I don't even know their last name. I guess she decided the world was going through enough, and she decided to reach out to the neighbors to say hello. I wroter back, and I've sent her a couple of cards since.

There are some good people left in this world. Unfortunately, it seems they may be the exception rather than the rule.

2 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

i:grinyes: however i have not did anything other then to pray for his lost soul. best i can do is not let that situation have a negative impact on my life. :thumbsup:

Great Choice. Probably the best for you, for sure. Still, someday one hopes Karma meets up with the a$$hat.

7 minutes ago, Eagle said:

There are some good people left in this world. Unfortunately, it seems they may be the exception rather than the rule.

I disagree. I think people are a true Bell Curve, as many good as bad. It just seems the bad sticks to our brains better than the good.

45 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Several years ago, shortly after my wife died and I underwent heart surgery, I was in the food court at the local mall on some holiday or other. I think it might have been Veterans Day, and I was wearing my Vietnam Veteran hat. I was feeling sorry for myself, and I guess it must have showed because after a few minutes a little girl started whispering to her parents. Then she got up and came over to me, very shyly, and said, "Don't be sad. Thank you for you service."

I just about lost it.

Earlier this year, when the COVID-19 pandemic was just hitting its stride and we were sure going to the supermarket would result in instant death, I found in my mailbox a pretty, hand-made card from a little girl who lives a quarter mile up the road from me. We've never met, and I don't know her parents. In fact, I don't even know their last name. I guess she decided the world was going through enough, and she decided to reach out to the neighbors to say hello. I wroter back, and I've sent her a couple of cards since.

thats awesome. thanks for sharing this. goes to show if we pay attention to those around us and listen closely, anybody can make a positive impact on someone, as did that sweet girl. I can only assume that in her gesture at that moment it has affected you whole heartedly and left a positive impact on your life. I as well thank you for your service as much as i thank you for your service as part of this club. i appreciate your comments and your knowledge. not just with jeeps but with life in general. through your experience you have learned many thing's and your sharing of your insights helps more then you know with many merely reading and not posting. you have contributed greatly to this world and I'm glad even a small child can see that. Thank you for being you. :beerchug: