Jump to content
Jeep Driver

Censorship

Recommended Posts

This site is heavily censored. 

 

Those of us who post frequently self-censor, I do it, I know for a fact that others do. 

 

On one hand you want traffic, on the other hand you post roadblocks. On one hand you say "make friends" and on the other hand you keep the site so sterile that no one can get to know each other. 

 

 

You guys don't know when you are being used?

 

Any so-called professional writer who states "hit me up" can go pound, I'm not interested, and besides, he came to us, he can come back to us. 

 

You don't, this site does not need, his, their, Bloomberg's attention. You'll pay for it. 

 

He's not a "new member", he dropped a one-post bomb. 

 

Lighten up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t been a member here for as long as I have to read the content of others that attacks other groups or individuals. We all have opinions and that’s great. We all have buttholes too... should we start a thread so everyone can share that too?

 

Sometimes trolls should just be left on a shelf. 

 

D3B3504F-47DB-40D8-8AA0-ABD19021929F.jpeg.cacf15b983f065d139ae232b6ef6eaaa.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that's the way this group is going to treat people who wander in and want to talk to us, then I want no part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also a bit leery of someone in the media randomly stopping (certainly isn't something that happens every day), but mostly my concerns are of him quoting a random member (who literally could say anything) and attributing it to the Comanche Club.  But we have to be friendly with new guys.  It's literally in the bylaws.  I've edited the thread and opened it back up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, johnj92131 said:

I have no problem with talking to a writer.  Had done it a couple of times in my life.  

 

care to be our emissary to see what it is he's looking for? :L:   if he needs some input on why we drive 30 year old trucks, I'm sure we can help.  :D 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

You guys don't know when you are being used?

 

Any so-called professional writer who states "hit me up" can go pound, I'm not interested, and besides, he came to us, he can come back to us. 

 

You don't, this site does not need, his, their, Bloomberg's attention. You'll pay for it. 

 

He's not a "new member", he dropped a one-post bomb. 

 

Lighten up. 

 

Some guy posts about wanting to write a story about Jeepers and you throw a fit? This "So-called professional" is verified and has many more followers than you do. The publication which he works for has a much larger reach than this forum does. Would a mention be good for Comanche Club? Or is every reporter/journalist "using" the people they interview? Why is it you feel threatened by this?

 

Lighten up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't necessarily disagree. but this could also be just a guy looking for opinions on old Jeeps.  don't know until you try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think we could use a little more self censoring on this site and a lot less opinionated world view.  That said, the guy writes for a living and is looking for another story that might be of public interest.  Here's what he writes about.

 

https://www.bloombergquint.com/author/60981/kyle-stock#gs.1hpc1e

 

What was that old saying?  Paranoia to the people!  No, that's not it. 

 

Lighten up indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read the writer’s original request and saw nothing to get my shorts all bunched up.  If you’re a good writer you research your topic, which is what he is attempting to do.

Thanks to Rokinn for linking to some of the guy’s previous work so we who wish to can see his style.  Thanks to Pete for his reasoned and reasonable response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cruiser54 said:

Let's see some of his stuff first. Wouldn't that be prudent?

Links to articles ? 

 

Two posts above yours bruh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Darren said:

 

Some guy posts about wanting to write a story about Jeepers and you throw a fit? This "So-called professional" is verified and has many more followers than you do. The publication which he works for has a much larger reach than this forum does. Would a mention be good for Comanche Club? Or is every reporter/journalist "using" the people they interview? Why is it you feel threatened by this?

 

Lighten up.

Who is his readership? What audience does he reach? 

 

What do you have to offer his audience? 

 

 

 

I'll save you the keystroke.........

 

You have NOTHING to offer him or his readers, and I mean that literally. 

 

 

I don't 'feel', has nothing to do with feelings, I think, I use my brain, I'm smart. 

 

 

With one or maybe two exceptions there is not one you here who owns a truck worthy of a national publication. 

His readers do not care about your truck, your thoughts, your opinions.......hell, they don't care about you. 

 

I just scanned his recent articles, he will make a mockery of you, of us, of this site. You will be seen as knuckle dragging neanderthals who are destroying the earth in your POS rust-buckets. He does not have to spell it out but that is how you will be perceived. 

 

 

 

You are rather crass and I ain't your bruh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the writer was truly interested in interviews.........

 

He would have perused the site, chosen 2-4 guys/owners to interview. He would have then contacted the site owner or administrator and asked permission and help setting up the interview.

 

 

He didn't. 

And that says enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

I don't 'feel', has nothing to do with feelings, I think, I use my brain, I'm smart. 

 

With one or maybe two exceptions there is not one you here who owns a truck worthy of a national publication. 

His readers do not care about your truck, your thoughts, your opinions.......hell, they don't care about you. 

 

I just scanned his recent articles, he will make a mockery of you, of us, of this site. You will be seen as knuckle dragging neanderthals who are destroying the earth in your POS rust-buckets. He does not have to spell it out but that is how you will be perceived. 

 

If you're smart, I'm super humble.

 

What are you so uptight about? Chillax bruh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, we need to cut down on these posts.  We are showing the world a side of us we really should not want to show.

 

Old saying,:  "you can not judge a book by it's cover".  Why are we showing so much hostility to a fellow who just wants to ask us a few question about our passion for old Jeeps?

 

If you don't want to talk to the guy - No Problem, just don't talk to him.

 

But to trash the guy for asking politely???   I just don't get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guys, we need to cut down on these posts.  We are showing the world a side of us we really should not want to show.
 
Old saying,:  "you can not judge a book by it's cover".  Why are we showing so much hostility to a fellow who just wants to ask us a few question about our passion for old Jeeps?
 
If you don't want to talk to the guy - No Problem, just don't talk to him.
 
But to trash the guy for asking politely???   I just don't get it. 


Exactly! Simple as that. I hope we didn’t scare him away...


1989 Base
4.0 L
Auto
Long bed
2WD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, johnj92131 said:

Guys, we need to cut down on these posts.  We are showing the world a side of us we really should not want to show.

 

Old saying,:  "you can not judge a book by it's cover".  Why are we showing so much hostility to a fellow who just wants to ask us a few question about our passion for old Jeeps?

 

If you don't want to talk to the guy - No Problem, just don't talk to him.

 

But to trash the guy for asking politely???   I just don't get it. 

This^^  I hope he doesn't judge us by this thread .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're all playing in Pete's sandbox here, and have to play by his rules.  That pretty much means you need to act like your mother is in the room when you're on here. I love that about this place.  We have something special here - a place where we can act like ladies and gentlemen with each other while sharing our common passion.

 

My mother used to say, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  Why?  Because people don't want to hear it.  You're not that important.  The world does not revolve around you.  That's why you're supposed to keep your mouth shut.  Out of respect for others.  You bite your tongue.  That was all before the Internet, but still applies today, and definitely applies on Comanche Club.  So that's the rule I try to live by here.  Be nice and courteous.   Always.  If you have trouble with this on here, picture my mother - a strong Italian woman with a rolling pin in her hand - saying that to you.  If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

 

Concerning this writer's inquiry, with the new Jeep Gladiator being released, he's probably doing a piece on it's roots or Jeep or offroad culture.  Smart to reach out to us, if you ask me.  He'd have a good angle for his story.  Any speculation about his true intentions is just that - speculation.  When presented with a problem, the most likely solution is usually the correct solution.  A little reason is in order, here.  The tinfoil hat comment I read earlier was spot on.  Come on man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

This^^  I hope he doesn't judge us by this thread .

Oh, I have no doubt he will. I can see it now: "I reached out to a vintage Jeep club, and THIS is what happened"

 

If we ever had any chance of not looking like a rude, insular, paranoid bunch of a$$holes, it's gone now. Shame. I always thought we were better than this.

 

Kyle, I'd be more than happy to speak to you if you're still willing to reach out. Shoot me a PM on this forum or email me at Jeremy at radio-emporium.com.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, kryptronic said:

We're all playing in Pete's sandbox here, and have to play by his rules.  That pretty much means you need to act like your mother is in the room when you're on here. I love that about this place.  We have something special here - a place where we can act like ladies and gentlemen with each other while sharing our common passion.

 

My mother used to say, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  Why?  Because people don't want to hear it.  You're not that important.  The world does not revolve around you.  That's why you're supposed to keep your mouth shut.  Out of respect for others.  You bite your tongue.  That was all before the Internet, but still applies today, and definitely applies on Comanche Club.  So that's the rule I try to live by here.  Be nice and courteous.   Always.  If you have trouble with this on here, picture my mother - a strong Italian woman with a rolling pin in her hand - saying that to you.  If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

 

Concerning this writer's inquiry, with the new Jeep Gladiator being released, he's probably doing a piece on it's roots or Jeep or offroad culture.  Smart to reach out to us, if you ask me.  He'd have a good angle for his story.  Any speculation about his true intentions is just that - speculation.  When presented with a problem, the most likely solution is usually the correct solution.  A little reason is in order, here.  The tinfoil hat comment I read earlier was spot on.  Come on man.

What this thread is about is a mod deleting my content which was in and of itself innocuous.

Most of you posting here don't even know what this is about. 

 

 

That said, speaking of promotion, you had this gift handed to you, what did you do with it?

 

That is a serious question to you and Pete, what did you do?

 

This is a no-brainer, should have been done already. 


What did this site sponsor? Why did this site not sponsor?

 

If you are going to promote, you promote among like-minded -- like-kind people, not Bloomberg people.

 

This one is on you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This site should have and could still-

 

Sponsor one of Krusty's hitches or a set of Bilsteins or a set of brakes or...........?

 

Make a phone call, sponsor parts, get mentioned. 

 

Let's see how many of you pitch in?

 

I'll throw in $30. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...