Factory-Original Sport Bar Install (With KC-Lights)

Hi all,

Last December, I bought a factory original sport bar for my 1987 SB Comanche.

I painted it with Krylon Semi-flat black paint. I also picked out KC 57-Series Lights.

The install went real smooth. We drilled straight through the bed and routed wires for lights.

I’m really happy with how it turned out. 

Top: After  

Bottom: Before

117A07E4-5A30-4564-BE52-D35E4DE560E9.jpeg.72ed1ba6a853fc5b0c303c3fa5bc7629.jpeg

Bar after install:

17B81F51-FB77-4AEC-802D-2901D5281426.jpeg.618374c66b4bc7633e893db95d9deac4.jpeg4351F5B3-6AFB-4335-9BDB-D7B9FF03B9FE.jpeg.44995bbc1939c74da53c86cb08cdaa33.jpeg6E1ADDBA-EA9F-40FB-8C99-4B768998F5C8.jpeg.8351b1f7ce07b16beb01802c06c90f27.jpeg

Note: I also got the new center-caps installed. (See bottom pic)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi friend…i just buy a long bed roll bar but my comanche is short bed jeep comanche… i think long and short bed has exactly the same design but they have a little difference in the angle between both legs as also has a different length on the leg that is incline… so i want to modify correctly exactly…

i wonder if you can share me this to data of your original factory short bed roll bar… thank you

EEA70ED9-2D54-4498-AB2E-20D9684D32AC.jpeg

B0D2A424-7DE0-4DF4-B252-8FEACCBD923C.jpeg

Yeah Texaswrangler just keep an eye out and prepare for travel or shipping costs I drove to Nashville from west of Allentown Pa to get mine. Nice find Carlos30  like to see pics of truck it’s going on. And if you didn’t register it yet please do.  Would like to see if dealer in Mexico sold it or just driven there. Knowing how hard it was to get my bar  I’d hate to see one cut up but it’s in your hands your property your choice

when I picked it up in Nashville 

now on truck after blasted and powder coated 

IMG_1633.jpeg

IMG_1667.jpeg

7 hours ago, Bezerk1 said:

Yeah Texaswrangler just keep an eye out and prepare for travel or shipping costs I drove to Nashville from west of Allentown Pa to get mine. Nice find Carlos30  like to see pics of truck it’s going on. And if you didn’t register it yet please do.  Would like to see if dealer in Mexico sold it or just driven there. Knowing how hard it was to get my bar  I’d hate to see one cut up but it’s in your hands your property your choice

when I picked it up in Nashville 

now on truck after blasted and powder coated 

IMG_1633.jpeg

IMG_1667.jpeg

Hi  thank you for your time… i am glad you get yours… its maybe inpossible to find a original factory in mexico … i have years looking… i understand your point you are like me very purist in trying to conserve the originality respecting the time…. But i think this modify is possible from long bed roll bar to short bed because you don't need to add new parts… otherwise if you want to adapt one from short to long bed roll bar you need to add an en extension… 

in usa is more common to get this parts… by the way if someone has a short bed roll bar and want to exchange to a long bed send me a message! Thank you

1 minute ago, fiatslug87 said:

No they do not, the plate pictured under part D is the bed floor.

I didn’t think so and yeah the pic looks like it’s the bed floor. In the break down it lists the reinforcement plate as “E” but it’s never called out in the diagram.