Soooo little update!

Started fitting the Notch Fender Flares.

Aaaaaaaaand I got a lighted moonvisor!:] got it for a good deal on Facebook.

Sorry Dizmm... I know you've been looking for one! I couldn't pass this one up. If I come across another one I'll forward it to ya!

Whay do yall think? Should I paint it black or tan?

47adf9780da8de295d90ed316d8eef2f.jpg

ce01d2f66c99f4c61b1ebd606411d889.jpg

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!  It looks damn good on there though, good score!  May I ask what you ended up paying for it? 

I think since it is already painted a light color, you should paint it tan and see if you like it, if not then go black.  I personally think that since the lenses are smoked, it would look better tan. 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!  It looks damn good on there though, good score!  May I ask what you ended up paying for it? 

I think since it is already painted a light color, you should paint it tan and see if you like it, if not then go black.  I personally think that since the lenses are smoked, it would look better tan. 

It fits on there perfect!! Nice and snug before adding the screws. It's 100% a comanche moonvisor. There are no cracks or deformities in the fiberglass.

I agree with the tan... I started sanding on it tonight. I'm gonna get black smoke lenses for it and some super bright orange LED'S for the lights.

I will PM you.

To me your visor looks like it dipping down in front too much. I installed mine years ago and it was a new visor out of the box. The Lund instructions said to line up the visor roof and windshield contour lines to the truck lines, which I tried to do. My visor sits almost level, not slanting down. Right or wrong I don't know - just followed the directions. Maybe it just the angle of your pic.

Oh - and paint it body color.  :beerchug:

VisorDetail.jpg.ce2579c3e453bf6c9db67ff11af0f261.jpg

To me your visor looks like it dipping down in front too much. I installed mine years ago and it was a new visor out of the box. The Lund instructions said to line up the visor roof and windshield contour lines to the truck lines, which I tried to do. My visor sits almost level, not slanting down. Right or wrong I don't know - just followed the directions. Maybe it just the angle of your pic.

Oh - and paint it body color.  :beerchug:
VisorDetail.jpg.ce2579c3e453bf6c9db67ff11af0f261.jpg

Yes it's angling down! Good eye by the the way!:]

It is just sitting up there snug. When I press it into the position it will be bolted it is more flat like you say. It may also be the angle of the picture as well... Trying to fit the whole jeep in the picture is ideal the garage I gotta hold my phone at a weird angle.

Yep! I agree on body color... I'm gonna do the tan with black lenses!

2740122e1548313ba53fe720fa1a8f41.jpg

Got the sanding done on the visor today as well as the fender trimming on the front drivers side quarter panel for the flare.

The flare is in its final position and ready to be fiberglassed to the quarter panel. I began the rear, the flare needs a lot of trimming itself and I'm still deciding what I wanna do for the inner fenders.

I did a test fit of the new LED amber lights, they are decently bright! I beleive with the smoked lenses installed they will be just the right amount of brightness at night!

• 2 weeks later...

wow, I realy like where you've gone with the truck!!! I finally sold the other one to a guy in Chicago, he flew down and drove it the 2000 miles home. It was a nice truck but 2000 miles in a mj, wow.... I'm starting a 90 / 98 build soon so let me know if you know any one looking.

wow, I realy like where you've gone with the truck!!! I finally sold the other one to a guy in Chicago, he flew down and drove it the 2000 miles home. It was a nice truck but 2000 miles in a mj, wow.... I'm starting a 90 / 98 build soon so let me know if you know any one looking.

Lol yeah... That's a bit ambitious! But I bet that was one hell of a road trip!!

1e4d7ddcabdbaa8b7f7cb329a3bee015.jpg

bf7654f7355c58cf09616926a2bfc4b8.jpg

This is pretty much how she is sitting right now.. I haven't been able to do to much these past couple weeks Cuz work and life has just been busy.

But my immediate plans for the next few weeks are get the flares in final fitment. Then get the IronMan4x4Fab front four link cross-member and my 2" 7075 uppers and lowers installed. Also get the moonvisor on and final fitted.

Then install internal sleeves and a truss on the Dana 30 with some gussets. Eventually chromolly shafts. And the IronMan4x4Fab comes with a truss for the rear four link whenever I get that installed. Prolly several months down the road.

Work on constructing some new inner fenders will begin at some point during all this.

Then before MOAB next October I need to figure out a mounting solution in the bed for a hi lift, spare axle shafts, my spare, and some tools.

Lots a changes coming over the course of the next year or so!! It will be one bad @$$ comanche when I'm done!

Once I'm "done" with pretty much everything I want to rhino line and keep the same color scheme. Desert tan and black.

• 2 weeks later...

3871dc3aa97d39e96a1659934389bf01.jpg

0a91a60d75a7f363ddb11cc8332d375a.jpg

Lookie what came in today!!! The links are solid 2" 7075.

Unfortunately between work, school, a baby on the way and projects around the house the jeep has had to just sit in the garage the past month or so.

But I'm hoping before the end of the month to at least have the fenders installed and ready for inner fender construction and have the new cross-member and links installed. I'd also like to have the Moonvisor installed and wired.

I was able to get all the wheels and tires mounted and bolted up though! Took some practice to figure out how to mount them!

This past Saturday I was able to help my buddy install an AX-15 in his factory Right Hand Drive! We got everything mounted and done except the external slave cylinder. He needs a longer cable to reach the opposite side.

89b028e28b3a2e4031c5f94d6f275a15.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome MJ build! I’m impressed with your attention to detail. Adding resistors to switches and modifying that rear wiper into duel duty locker switch....WOW!
I may have missed it but what are you doing with your old fender flares? If you haven’t sold them, I am interested...

Well thanks! I really appreciate it! Iv got a lot of time invested in figuring that stuff out.. Iv got several tricks up my sleeve for the future:]

And Idk... Maybe sell them. Iv had people want to buy them but iv just been to busy to deal with shipping them. I work two jobs and during the last month or so of my wife's pregnancy she has practically been bed ridden. But thankfully our baby boy was born on the 22nd and we brought him home just yesterday!

If you are interested in them PM me and maybe we can work something out!

I'm located in Wichita KS and can meet if you are fairly local.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:22 AM, DigitalBman said:

So a little update!

Cleaned the extremely dirty floor, welded up and patched up holes that were left in the floor, cleaned up some cancer, painted the patches and the floor with some bedliner. The cab now has no holes allowing air to flow through and create the draft it had.

Then laid some dynamat style material. Literally covered every square inch of the floor and back wall, even inside the B-Pillars. This stuff seriously looks and feels exactly like dynamat. There is nearly 80 square feet of dynamat and dynamat style deafening material between the floor and the roof.

And began installing the new carpet. Still have trimming to do and some fitting to do.

2e07afdd2c4ad23541414bf2cce52cb4.jpg

94f6afd1c16fb3df7e7c885d551dca40.jpg

2af6425228e2c26db6b1adf30d3368db.jpg

5ef771e29cc3f1330593c0bcc911d178.jpg

Also sanded and painted the E-Brake mechanism.

If you don't mind me asking where did you get the paint for the B-Pillars to match the Agate interior?  Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2017 at 10:42 AM, jbain said:

If you don't mind me asking where did you get the paint for the B-Pillars to match the Agate interior?  Thanks in advance.

They were painted to "match" when i got it. But they no longer look good... Mine are chipped, scratched, a-pillars broken, and faded all to hell. If you are able to I would track down a black interior to put in yours. I was able to track down a MINT black interior and will be installing that in mine when I remove the headliner when I finally get around to finishing the subwoofer enclosures that are above the headboard and I wire everything up to the center console that I am adding up there. I have one of those switch pods that clip up in the garage door opener slot that adds four extra factory toggle switches that I have plans for. 

If you really want to paint, preparation preparation preparation!!! I would recommend sanding down a bit to scuff of the surface, clean VERY well and then paint desired color. There are several threads on what paint to use to color match the interiors. I simply do not recall those paints off the top of my head. I really want to say DupliColor makes a gray that matches the Agate interior of the Cherokees. 

Just a little update,

I have the IronMan4x4 Fab crossmember painted and almost installed... I have to cut my exhaust and for now I am just going to put flex pipe in until I get around to installing the rear four link from IronMan4x4 Fab as well. 

I am prepping for the Kansas Rocks Frostbite event on February 24th. Right now I have to:

-  At least get the remaining fenders cut and the flares tempory installed

- Install the 37's with method wheels

- get crossmember installed

- cut exhaust and install flex pipe

- install longer wheel studs for the method wheels

- change differential gear oil, my gears were broke in several hundred miles ago. 

Hopefully I can get all this stuff done.. I have recently started a second job so my wife can be a stay at home mom and a full time student. Second job is to pay for her schooling and help keep us ahead monetarily. 

On December 22 my son was born! So I have been pretty busy with him, family, the holidays, and I am currently in school as well as prepping to test for my next rank... Life's been busy that's for dang sure!

Here is my son, Liam!

IMG_9287.JPG

• 1 month later...

5a90947e198f90486b0e8d88a43b7515.jpg

c37ca91c672aa85ff081e63b7f0b02e2.jpg

f37d4dcf5f54c3ccb7035ea4dc47e327.jpg

13342dbe6930aa1ceb4f7311d48b36c9.jpg

42f24ca22acf17ecf79eca841a3aae54.jpg

Just sharing a few pictures of where I'm at right now.

Installing the IronMan4x4Fab cross-member has been a bit of a pain...

Every single nut and bolt has been pretty difficult to get to it seems like...

I ran into a problem with the front drive shaft yoke hitting the cross-member. Andy said that he had seen this issue on AW4's but not manuals... Idk why mines different. So he sent me some spacers that go with the AW4 equipped XJ'S. Worked out fine.

On the rear, where the circle is around the t-case it was hitting. The spacers fixes this issue as well.

The one picture showed the differences in the lengths of my new uppers / lowers versus my old ones

Pretty wild difference! Over all I stretched it nearly 3 inches.

I am planning on going to the frost bite event on Feb 24th. I still have some nuts and bolts to tighten, a fender to trim, a fender flare to at least bolt up, and some flex pipe to install on my exhaust. My adams front drive shaft will he here soon. Then I just gotta bolt the rear back in and the new front one up.

For now, until I get my suspension done I am going to route flex pipe to accommodate the new cross-member. Then, once all of my suspension is complete I'll do a whole new exhaust.