On 9/21/2017 at 7:02 PM, DesertRat1991 said:

Wow.  I thought the Takeover got cancelled because the link  went dead ages ago.  I googled it a few weeks back and nothing came up.  Looks like you guys had fun!  How many MJs showed up??

And can you tell us where that cliff pic was taken?  That's a great shot!

The cliff picture was taken at the Top of the World trail! its a slow... extremely bumpy rough drive with not a lot of challenging obstacles. Took about 1.5 to 2 hours just to get to the top after the 30 minute drive to the trail head. I just didnt wanna shake my jeep apart. 

Got these installed today! Some Blue Kevlar coated stainless steel brake lines since I ripped off the one at MOAB. These are about 1.5 inches longer than the old ones. Which were long enough for the 6 inches of lift!

These are are actually YJ lines meant for a 6 inch lift.

Felt good to get her back on the road again!

eed99cf5afad6edfdfddccb4d0a16d2c.jpg

2 hours ago, DigitalBman said:

So.... I like the look of these wheels. But they are spaced to far in.

They look totally funky being an inch or reply inward of my flares...

Gonna make the wheels and tires a priority I think.

Pictures? 

b6bd9b21689c2508c8a0e95d8fc8ac48.jpg

So I picked these up today! Dave Cepek FC-II Radials. 37x13.5x17. Should due just fine for a while. They all still have the little nipples on them from being new. 4 of them for 650. don't have the cash to plop down on the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC Radials I really want. Figure these will due for a few years at least.

I litterally picked these up about 30 minutes before I had to be at the airport. Going TDY for a while.. So it will be a good while before I get these on the jeep.

So a little update!

Pretty cool to say that I was lucky enough to be able to pre order IronMan4x4Fab's new adjustable front four link cross-member with 2" 7075 lowers and 1.5" 7075 uppers.

This will let me stretch the front, better my ride quality, and increase my flex! Pretty cool stuff.

I also have some notch customs fender flares that I am going to pretty heavily modify to mount them better than their dumb setup they have. I bought a set a few years ago for my XJ and I'm gonna use those fronts and I have rears on the way from them for the MJ.

It will be a nearly identifical look and exact same suspension setup in the front as JCR's Sema Comanche!

338292d683d4f8200f16fcf353b83de9.jpg

479680069af87c142a2f5b5dafeefc9d.jpg

f3fe1fe12a99a9a4190787d81b35a4fb.jpg

1d0cd9f1930715663d00bc3d6d38a46a.jpg

Eventually I will do their rear! But I just don't want to fool with the rear just yet.

11a8cccc00a2928de505d86895cddf9f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wow you guys aren't that far away from me, only about 5 hours.  I think you may be the closest CC members.  If you make a trip closer to Kansas city it's only a 3 hour trip from Des Moines.   Any good offroading in that area? 

Wow you guys aren't that far away from me, only about 5 hours.  I think you may be the closest CC members.  If you make a trip closer to Kansas city it's only a 3 hour trip from Des Moines.   Any good offroading in that area? 

The only place any where near kansas city that I am aware of is Kansas Rocks Recreation Park.. Is bout 1 hour and 45 minutes south of Kansas city.

10 minutes ago, DigitalBman said:

The only place any where near kansas city that I am aware of is Kansas Rocks Recreation Park.. Is bout 1 hour and 45 minutes south of Kansas city.

Maybe sometime next year we can plan a weekend trip out there with the MJs!  Mine is in winter storage already so this year won't happen. 

7 hours ago, DigitalBman said:

We should plan to meet up sometime!! I have plans to go to the Gambler 500 on the 4th and kansas rocks Frostbite event in February!

Absolutely! It's been at least 10 years since I've been to KS Rocks, I get spoiled living so close to Tuttle.

Which Gambler event are you going to? I almost entered the MJ into the Kansas Rally 2 weeks ago. I saw some wild looking cars headed south for the Gambler while doing some work in Burlington that Friday.

Absolutely! It's been at least 10 years since I've been to KS Rocks, I get spoiled living so close to Tuttle.

Which Gambler event are you going to? I almost entered the MJ into the Kansas Rally 2 weeks ago. I saw some wild looking cars headed south for the Gambler while doing some work in Burlington that Friday.

I have never been to Tuttle, how is it??

The Nebraska Gambler 500 (250). My buddy and I are running our jeeps! He has a RHD cherokee and I'm taking my MJ.

I'm actually sitting on a plane right now about to swap planes in Denver to get home! Gonna to get those tires mounted and a couple other things before Friday for the Gambler.