Every Day Carry - Pocket Dump

Automan2164

I hadn't planned on this, but after posting my EDC on Facebook to share with a friend, Pete said he smelled a thread... Didn't even cross my mind at the time, but hey, why the hell not. I got the idea off the net, from pics of people showing off their daily carry items. I suppose I will have to kick it off, so here goes:

1009867_654426874594803_254965899_n.jpg

Contents:

NiteIze Pock-its tool holster

Gerber MP-600 Multiplier

Gerber Bit set

Matco Torx Bit set

Streamlight Stylus Pro

Sharpie

Zebra F-701 with BOLD! 1.6MM Ball point cartrige

Field Notes Lined Notebook

Keyport Slide V2.0 with Automate Alarm Fob

Canvas Wallet

Casio Forester Watch

Work keys

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Otterbox Commuter series case

This setup has become a part of my daily being. Working in a decent sized public fleet, I always found myself running back to the shop for small tools and drivers when inspecting and going over things, tearing into a squad car, or on service calls. My EDC has evolved along with my needs. Now it may seem like a lot, but it really isn't. The biggest life saver has been the NiteIze holster. It holds the Multitool, Flashlight, Sharpie, Pen, and the Bit sets. I keep the Notepad in my back pocket with my wallet, and it's great for jotting down a VIN or serial number off a tractor when I am out in the field and don't want to scuzz up my phone. The Keyport streamlined my personal keys, and added a great conversation starter. The watch is a constant staple, and I feel naked without it. I am however, looking to replace it if anyone has any suggestions for an analog/date watch for work use (I know there are a couple Horologists here.)

So what is in your pockets?

Rob

here's my pocket dump. I always carry my Leatherman Wingman, its cheap, stainless, fairly strong and has a good 25 year warranty. I don't worry about beating it up, because it wasn't hundreds of dollars. Of course I carry my wallet, and my keys. My carabiner is made out of AISI 316 surgical stainless steel. It's good until around 70 pounds, which means it can be used to hang fairly heavy things if I need it to. I also carry my Schrade knife. Like the Wingman, this knife is well made, but affordable. Holds an edge fairly well, and I don't worry about beating on it. It too is stainless steel. Also I usually carry a cheap pen, which isn't pictured.

after much experimentation these are my base pocket contents:

left front pocket:

samsung rugby pro

right front pocket:

keys

cherry chapstick

Fenix E11 flashlight

rubber band wallet with:

-drivers license

-debit card

-comanche club card

-2 bandaids

left back pocket:

5 tissues folded up

and a leatherman juice S2 on my hip

my coat pockets (or cargo pants depending on the season) have:

paper clip

floss

paper measure tape from ikea

more kleenex

pen

short pencil

small bag of skittles

couple rubber bands

moist towelette

1 dime

most of which is stored in a sandwich bag

and yes, I watched a lot of MacGyver when I was young :D  you'd be amazed what you can accomplish with some basic "tools"

Carried a ruger 380 with keys and wallet for the past two years just decided the 380 was not quite as large as it should be. Decided I wanted a small 9mm and fell in love with the tiny sig 938 and had to have it. Most I ever spent on a gun however I was just tired of plastic guns and i feel its well spent. Only had this for 3 days.

I think that bullet choice is as important as the difference between a .380 ACP , which is also the 9mm short, 9mm Kurz, and 9x17,  and the 9mm luger/parabellum/9x19.  After 25 years of carrying a Glock 27 40 S&W concealed I now carry a Taurus PT738 TCP .380. It has a proven track record and although it doesn't have the big-name panache it is a very serviceable weapon. I got to shoot up an old Kevlar vest with it using Glaser Pow'rBall ammo and I feel confident in its stopping power.

I carry a jeep key and a house key on a simple round key holder, a small wallet with the basic crap, and a Razr Max in an otterbox. My vehicle is the place for all of that other stuff as I wear shorts, sandals, and t-shirts anytime it is above about 50 degrees I don't take all of my stuff with me.

Depending on what pants and shirt combo i wear:

I almost always wear Black Hawk "Tactical" pants (I don't remember the actual product name right off)

• Keys
  • wallet
  • iPhone 5s      (Personal)
  • iPhone 4s      (Work)
  • Zippo lighter   ( I don't smoke they are just cool)
  • 2 Gerber folding pocket knives
  • *Concealed* Walther PPK/S .380
  • Extra PPK/S mag
  • *Concealed* Sig P229 ( .40 or .357-SIG) or Walther P99 AS .40 (the non carried pistol is in my laptop bag that i tote around with me almost everywhere)
  • sometimes an extra mag for the P229 or P99

However today i seemed to have left my zippo at home....  

57436_10203249832467131_3143461182997152

Seems as though I'm a minimalist. Everyday it goes wallet, keys on the clip, keys for whatever vehicle I drive that day (each has its own cattle tag based off of year of manufacture), and my chunky rubber phone.

10011397_565720073526860_130470952595691

• 6 years later...
On 4/7/2014 at 10:42 PM, Pete M said:

after much experimentation these are my base pocket contents:

left front pocket:

samsung rugby pro

right front pocket:

keys

cherry chapstick

Fenix E11 flashlight

rubber band wallet with:

-drivers license

-debit card

-comanche club card

-2 bandaids

left back pocket:

5 tissues folded up

and a leatherman juice S2 on my hip

add a mask to the back right pocket and my stuff hasn't changed a bit.  :D  same phone, same flashlight.  different cards though and I've replaced the bandaids many, many times.  

36 minutes ago, Pete M said:

hard to say. :laugh:   I assume so but it's not like I keep track of 'em.  being pure petroleum byproduct, chapstick doesn't really go bad with time. 

You don't lose em? I can never keep any more then a month with out losing it